Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

I no this is a bit off topic but iv just read that qpr are ready to offer £500k for tommy smith.

Did we not get slaughtered by pompey for offering £300k. They called our offer derisory but yet they could accept £500k offer from another english team.

This system is fucked up. We can never catch a break or a bargain. We missed out on ledley, one of walters so called top targets. They gave up on him as soon as thims were interested. He would have made us good money.

Chris eagles wont happen as burnley would want more than £1.5m but if an english team offered £1.6m they would accept. I cant believe we cant even sign one half descent player.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want rfc52 to come on after tomorrow afternoon with his tail firmly between his legs

and ram it right up yer bakey?

According to papers we wont make even a bid for Eagles untill thomson is away, so has your source told you this?

i want rfc52 to come on after tomorrow afternoon with his tail firmly between his legs

and ram it right up yer bakey?

According to papers we wont make even a bid for Eagles until thomson is away, so has your source told you this?

Thats the problem.

Fuck it, Im no reading the papers until we make our first signing coz they talk a hell load of fucking shite about our targets tbh. They dont know much more than any of us.

Im actually quite excited about today because thats to people saying they have good sources hes in today for talks.Hope you guys are right :21:

This is from the evening times today

Rangers are locked in talks with Burnley in an attempt to land Chris Eagles.

Ibrox manager Walter Smith wants to make the 24-year-old midfielder his first summer signing.

It’s understood both clubs are extremely close to agreeing a price, thought to be around £1.3m, for the former Manchester United man.

The sale of Kevin Thomson to Middles-brough in a £2m deal, which should be concluded this afternoon, has allowed Smith to move for a player he has targeted for over a year.

Burnley find themselves in the same position with Eagles as Rangers were regarding Thomson as the player enters the final year of his £15,000-a-week contract.

They have no option but to cash-in on him now rather than lose him for nothing in 12 months.

Eagles is thought to be keen on a move to Scotland in a bid to kick-start his career, and it’s thought a deal could be concluded by the end of the week.

However, Burnley boss Brian Laws insists they are in no rush to cash-in, despite interest from Rangers, Sunderland and Bolton.

He said: “Chris is under contract and has been a valuable player for us.

“If any one club wanted to sign him, then they would have to be pretty persuasive.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-in-talks-for-chris-eagles-1.1041280

Rumours are mounting today that ex-Manchester United midfielder Chris Eagles is due to arrive at Murray Park for talks with club officials about a potential move.

A fee of around £1.3 million is being mooted in the press with Rangers looking match the £15,000 per week contract that the player is already on at Burnley.

View the full article

Eagles would be a good aquisition .. skill, pace and a natural wide man (rather than 'horseshoeing' someone to that position).

This will also allow Davis to move into a more central midfield role, something we have all been crying out for.

Maybe selling Thomson isn't such a bad thing ... or am i just trying convince myself otherwise ?

It’s understood both clubs are extremely close to agreeing a price, thought to be around £1.3m

Without coming across as being negative but am I the only one who thinks this deal will not happen? When it comes to getting a deal done we usually haggle over the price for weeks and by that time another team has come in and signed the player.

I hope it is true but I doubt it will happen.

there is a story fae rangers media on news now saying the eagle has landed, so is it official that he is coming up to see us or is it just like the papers and just throw speculation out there, when i read that and noticed it wiz RM i thought something goods happening maybe someone can clarify it

there is a story fae rangers media on news now saying the eagle has landed, so is it official that he is coming up to see us or is it just like the papers and just throw speculation out there, when i read that and noticed it wiz RM i thought something goods happening maybe someone can clarify it

That is just an article from what has been posted in this thread or what is in the rags. It is nothing official.

Would be a good signing and allow Davis to move into the middle, I'm undecided whether a Davis and Edu partnership would work? Maybe McMillan who has a bit of bite about him? Eagles will bring something different to the team and if we can just sort out a LW then our midfield could be special (tu)