Steven Naismith - Big Season Ahead

whitey126

Big season ahead for Naismith.

With players leaving, and having a threadbare squad at the moment, he has to start producing more. The thing is, when he does perform he is IMO a good wee player, but he just doesn't show it enough.

36 appearances last season yet he only managed 4 goals. Considering he arrived on a relativity big transfer fee, that's not good enough!

I think people still regard him as a youngster, and that's why his performances aren't scrutinised in the same way that others are, but at the end of the day he's now 23 years old, and now its imperative that he starts to pull his weight.

He's had 3 years at Ibrox now - granted he's had a bad injury - but this is the season where he really needs to turn his 'potential' into an end product. The way things are looking, we really cant cant afford to be carrying any passengers.

WATP

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a thread about this last month and I agree totally.

I think the ability is there, he just needs to show it consistently. I hope he does, but we've seen many false dawns with Naismith before. Hopefully he gets a good run upfront too.

Big season ahead for Naismith.

With players leaving, and having a threadbare squad at the moment, he has to start producing more. The thing is, when he does perform he is IMO a good wee player, but he just doesn't show it enough.

36 appearances last season yet he only managed 4 goals. Considering he arrived on a relativity big transfer fee, that's not good enough!

I think people still regard him as a youngster, and that's why his performances aren't scrutinised in the same way that others are, but at the end of the day he's now 23 years old, and now its imperative that he starts to pull his weight.

He's had 3 years at Ibrox now - granted he's had a bad injury - but this is the season where he really needs to turn his 'potential' into an end product. The way things are looking, we really cant cant afford to be carrying any passengers.

WATP

he is a striker who we continually play on the wing. as a striker i think he has something to offer hes a decent finisher hes not slow hes very good in the air for his height and his touch is good.

as a winger hes pretty gash to be honest.

i hope we see him upfront more often this year. but we are seriously short of numbers in midfield.

he is a striker who we continually play on the wing. as a striker i think he has something to offer hes a decent finisher hes not slow hes very good in the air for his height and his touch is good.

i hope we see him upfront more often this year. but we are seriously short of numbers in midfield.

I remember last season he played up top himself at home to Sevilla, and IIRC he done really well 1st half, that's the Stevie Naismith we need to see more often

I think he's pish.

He gets blown over by the wind.

i dont mind that as long as we get a free kick or penalty for it

:)

(tu)

If he was good enough to manage to run with the ball into the box before getting blown over, I wouldn't complain haha!

I remember last season he played up top himself at home to Sevilla, and IIRC he done really well 1st half, that's the Stevie Naismith we need to see more often

was excellent against hearts as well in another game he got a rare outing up front in.

I think he's pish.

He gets blown over by the wind.

i dont mind that as long as we get a free kick or penalty for it

:)

(tu)

that's laffertys role for the team, cannae have two or the refs might cotton on, walter should just alternate between the two.

id keep velicka amd punt naisy, maybe swap deal for gomis

very short sighted ones 23 the others 32 and no way could united match his wages.

never understood this facination with gomis hes tidy ate best but very unspectacular. we need a winger so i would go for conway and personally i think goodwillies the next big think in scottish football. if he stops being a cocksocket off the park.

some of the derogatory comments about a young player who has been out injured for most of his Rangers career are really sad, makes me angry in fact, some of it is just downright sickening, hes hardly had a chance, and when he has had a chance, hes been played in a position no player has been able to play in our team for years

the wee man will have you all eating humble pie next year

get off his back and support him, hes not draining huge wages out the club, hes not an anti footballer or a clogger, hes not a mercenary and hes not a horrible wee man, hes a fantastic lad and a decent footballer who will only get better with games, time, patience and support

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I can get on his back all I want, 23 is hardly young anyway. He played out Left a lot at Killie, he's no stranger to the position.

2 million for a player who can't control a ball, pass, cross, dribble and is slow.

IMO Naismith is not good enough for us. He runs about mad all over the park, he cant pass, dribble, shoot, tackle, cant stay in his position where ever he plays, he just doesnt have it to play for the Gers. I have heard all the excuses, that he plays out of his favorite position but he chases the ball where ever it goes so he plays no position, and another excuse that he is just coming back from a bad knee injury, but when he plays he runs for 90 minutes so I think his knee is fine, but sadly we need footballers not runners

id keep velicka amd punt naisy, maybe swap deal for gomis

very short sighted ones 23 the others 32 and no way could united match his wages.

never understood this facination with gomis hes tidy ate best but very unspectacular. we need a winger so i would go for conway and personally i think goodwillies the next big think in scottish football. if he stops being a cocksocket off the park.

age aint a factor, i can say that without guilt at this club :)

to me and i aint seen much of velicka but i reckon he would do a better job that naisy, dont get me rong i thought when he was at killie he might turn out pretty decent but he has had chances and aint really done anything i can recall that impressed me, imo