Steven Naismith - Big Season Ahead

whitey126

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping this thread

As I said in the OP this was the season that he needed to turn his potential into an end product... and by God didn't he.

A fantastic season, a season where he's went from bit part squad player to one of the first names on the team sheet, and a season where he's won over all his doubters.

Superb kid.... Keep it up (tu)

I opened the first page of this thread and read ur OP and was about to all out attack u until I noticed the date haha.

Naisy is my poty, hes simply been outstanding this season

Potential captain IMO

I opened the first page of this thread and read ur OP and was about to all out attack u until I noticed the date haha.

Naisy is my poty, hes simply been outstanding this season

Potential captain IMO

a read 2 pages untill a noticed the date doh

Bumping a thread proves nothing, to be fair.

Up until this thread was made, he had underperformed. He has been poor. He had been completely disappointing, but it also should be said that he had no luck with injuries.

come on to fuck, up until this season, he was piss poor and he does go down far too easy. Most improved player by far this season but no where near the poty.

What player does not go down easy? Seriously. We only had 2 or 3 outstanding performers over the course of the season, Naismith was right behind them.

McGregor

Jelavic

Weir

Naismith

Pretty close to my POTY. (tu)

What player does not go down easy? Seriously. We only had 2 or 3 outstanding performers over the course of the season, Naismith was right behind them.

McGregor

Jelavic

Weir

Naismith

Pretty close to my POTY. (tu)

i would have miiler above him aswell, fifth on my card or fourth on your card is no where near number 1. Just ask celtic, there always second best to us in trophy hauls but are no where close to number 1.

I just meant the gap between mcgregor or jelavic was that big next to everyone else in perfomances

i would have miiler above him aswell, fifth on my card or fourth on your card is no where near number 1. Just ask celtic, there always second best to us in trophy hauls but are no where close to number 1.

I just meant the gap between mcgregor or jelavic was that big next to everyone else in perfomances

I dont think it is but thats just my opinion my man, we are all entitled to one. I dont think Kenny played all that well, he was garbage when played up front alone but he just kept scoring domestically :lol:(tu)

Naismith showed in flashes before this season that there was a player in there, due to injuries and being shunted around different positions no doubt held him back. However he's absolutely vital for us now - over the the full season was definitely my player of the year. What was it? Something like 14 goals and 6 assists from midfield? He's only going to get better for me and I love his feisty attitude. Future captain for me as well.

:lol: :lol: at some of the posts such as keep velicka punt naisy

How much change a year has made eh?

Glad we gave him the chance and he certainly took it. He is an outstanding attacking midfielder and a possible future captain imo.

Without him on the park we arent the same team.

Keep it up for 4 in a row Naissy :D

WATP!!

I've no interest in saying "I told you so" and so on, just because I backed him at the start of the season. Football's a game of opinions.

I'm just glad he produced a brilliant season when we needed it.

I said last season he was one of the worst footballers at Rangers, and I stand by that because up until then he had shown me nothing to prove otherwise.

But this season, take a bow son! You proved me and many other wrong, and i'm so glad you did :D

Next season is a big one though, he needs to prove he isn't just a one season wonder and that he is now settled and can become a pivotal figure in the Rangers team for years to come.

Season 2009/2010 i thought Naisy was awful and in my opinion i would have sold him for a fiver but season 2010/11 he has proved most people wrong by becoming the player people in the game thought he would.

I don't mind being proven wrong .