Davie Cooper.

I only seen him play in the flesh once and it was for Motherwell against us at Ibrox around 1992

Will always remember he got the ball on the wing and skinned Gary Stevens (I think) and everyone around me in the Copland Rear jumped up and started roaring him on...........which was pretty weird for me to see but I understand now

I only seen him play in the flesh once and it was for Motherwell against us at Ibrox around 1992

Will always remember he got the ball on the wing and skinned Gary Stevens (I think) and everyone around me in the Copland Rear jumped up and started roaring him on...........which was pretty weird for me to see but I understand now

He was special for the Teds. My first love.

Being in the middle of a "lost weekend" i.e pished, i'm on season 94/95 of 9 in a row.....so.. Davie Cooper. I loved that man. What a loss. Wish you were here.

Met him on a couple of occasions.

Gentleman and credit to the club.

If he hadn't played for us he would have been standing along side us.

Met him once but was fortunate enough to see him play in the flesh numerous times - including the famous 1987 Skol Cup Final against Aberdeen when he scored that free-kick.

What a player. "Legend" is a much overused word these days but Coop truly deserves that tag.

I'll never forget the first time I saw him.

Was sitting in the old Centenery stand, and he was playing against us!

He tore us apart!! LOL

RIP Davie.

(tu)

Remember watching him in the 3 league cup games for Clydebank againgst us in 76-77.

Ran John Greig & Alex Miller ragged

Sometimes in the early 80s DC and Bobby Russell were the only reasons for turning up.

Met him once but was fortunate enough to see him play in the flesh numerous times - including the famous 1987 Skol Cup Final against Aberdeen when he scored that free-kick.

What a player. "Legend" is a much overused word these days but Coop truly deserves that tag.

Re- LCF goal.

Heard a story that when Scotland next met up Jim Leighton said to Coop"I nearly got my hand to that ball" to which DC looked at him and replied " Aye on the way back out". :lol: .

Gutted I never got to see him play as I was born in 91. Seen all the videos and clips of him and i can only imagine what it would be like to watch him in the flesh. Even from the clips and the way older bears talk about him its easy to see he was something truley special that we are unlikely to see again at Ibrox. A once in a lifetime player. God bless Coop!

I'll never forget the first time I saw him.

Was sitting in the old Centenery stand, and he was playing against us!

He tore us apart!! LOL

RIP Davie.

(tu)

Remember watching him in the 3 league cup games for Clydebank againgst us in 76-77.

Ran John Greig & Alex Miller ragged

Sometimes in the early 80s DC and Bobby Russell were the only reasons for turning up.

Yeah..thats when Im talking bout!

I was with my American brother in law at the Ibrox game, and he knew NOTHING about football, but even HE kept asking me..who IS that guy...hes fantastic!

He was with us soon after IIRC!

My favourite player of all time ... during the dark days in the Eighties under John Greig and Jock Wallace's second spell the guy was the one shining light us bears had "at least we have Davie Cooper". And yes the dhims were jealous that we did have him

Sometimes the word legend is over used but not in Davie's case

This is the first game i seen him play in.What a free kick.

RIP Super cooper :praise:

He was one of us, I have a book somewhere in the house that has a chapter on Souness signing wee Mo and when Souness introduced Mo to the playing squad, Cooper who was at the back of the group said "he doesn't belong here" Thats why Davie Cooper is one of us

He was one of us, I have a book somewhere in the house that has a chapter on Souness signing wee Mo and when Souness introduced Mo to the playing squad, Cooper who was at the back of the group said "he doesn't belong here" Thats why Davie Cooper is one of us

Hhhmmm. Heard that stuff at the time...not sure you need to put that on him...he wanted to play football 24/7. Never about that was Cooper. So stop wi' that...