Davie Cooper.

The club in its wisdom didn't make his testimonial all-ticket.

I sat in the top tier of the Govan stand at kick off in a already full stadium watching as thousands of fans outside moved from one queue to another in a desperate attempt to get in.

Estimates were of 10,000 people unable to gain enterance including 4 friends of mine who had stopped off in Dumbarton for a drink and were turned back by the police a couple of miles from the stadium.

Legend Gone But Not forgotten.

Excerpt from Sky Sports Interview on the eve of Scotland v Holland, November, 2003 ruud GULLIT

I read somewhere that in a Dutch interview you said that Davie Cooper was the most skilful player you have ever played against. Was that true?

Ruud: Oh yeah! That was a great player. A left-sided genius for Glasgow Rangers. He was such a great player - truly gifted.

Did you play against him many times?

Ruud: I played against him, yes. I played against him once when I was playing for Feyenoord in a friendly match at Ibrox - I remember it well. I saw this player and ever since then I have been following him from then on. What a gifted player he was...he was a real talent and had a gift alright. Wow, a great player.