Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

Lol twb you are your own man.

The masses will hound you for having an opinion.

And as for Ritchieshearercaldow. What has the pope to do with our club at all.??

I go back to our beginnings. We weren't established as a protestant club.

Did we end up a Protestant club.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as for Ritchieshearercaldow. What has the pope to do with our club at all.??

But the four young boys that formed us were. :rolleyes:

And remember being a protestant is being free not like the otherside,

so there would be no reason to involve protestant in it anyway so please think of another thing to say its getting boring.

We are now a protestant club though so you got learn to live with it.

In a slightly off course topic, what is everyones opinions on Catholic supporting Rangers fans? :pipe:

On another fishing trip? :ph34r:

Seriously if you love Rangers I couldn't give a shit what Religion you are, what Race you are or what Political ideologies you hold as long as you respect the traditions and beliefs of the majority of the support then it's all good!

In a slightly off course topic, what is everyones opinions on Catholic supporting Rangers fans? :pipe:

As long as they swear on an oath for our Queen.

And are British.

Seriously if you love Rangers I couldn't give a shit what Religion you are, what Race you are or what Political ideologies you hold as long as you respect the traditions and beliefs of the majority of the support then it's all good!

I don't do "fishing trips" :pipe:

I was just wondering because of the amount of people who have refered to us as a "Protestant club".

True (tu)

Actually Muslims would treat our club better than them handwringers/taigs.

I was just wondering because of the amount of people who have refered to us as a "Protestant club".

Well what would one call our club then?

This is true however when a Catholic club arose in the East End, a reaction had to occur, Rangers was the beneficiary of that, their already increasing support grew more rapidly, why would the majority of West of Scotland Protestants not congregate at a football club, the focus for the working man, the lower classes, their one chance to 'let off some steam after 5 or 6 days hard graft. Rangers gave them that chance, after all Celtic had already excluded them from their club. So why not sing songs to deride the opposition and their beliefs, people are too sensitive now, could you see a club like Celtic being born now?

It is called RIVALRY that is it nothing more, nothing less, it is certainly not sinister, we are prods they are tims and so it always shall be, that is how people perceive the Old Firm.

The Rangers.

The Rangers.

Yes The Rangers are a __________ club

The Rangers.

Football.

The Rangers.

A Very Successfull football club, the worlds most.

The very point you are trying to make is directly responsible for turning the posters you speak of into what they are today

Perhaps HC...but I find it amazing in pages full of examples some people are prepared to ignore all that evidence and prattle on about "context".

The irony of that statement is absolutely staggering.

Yes OK i can't get them words in your mouth so ill just tell you....

The Rangers are a football club with protestant hertiage and traditions.

The Pope has nothing to do with Rangers Football Club, but the club stood for everthing anti Rome and Pro Queen and country, something the Catholics didn't, their allegance was to their Pope first then their Monarch, the inhabitants of the city saw it being swamped with Irish catholics, when the Irish priest set up his club for Irish immigrants, the reaction from the Protestant majority was to take Rangers on as their club, it wasn't a hate thing, it was a NO POPERY thing.

All clubs have Traditions and history, if we forget these we are nothing.

The old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" should still hold true, it's just a pity that in this PC world, the handringers don't like the name calling.

The Pope has nothing to do with Rangers Football Club, but the club stood for everthing anti Rome and Pro Queen and country, something the Catholics didn't, their allegance was to their Pope first then their Monarch, the inhabitants of the city saw it being swamped with Irish catholics, when the Irish priest set up his club for Irish immigrants, the reaction from the Protestant majority was to take Rangers on as their club, it wasn't a hate thing, it was a NO POPERY thing.

The old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" should still hold true, it's just a pity that in this PC world, the handringers don't like the name calling.

If I can just jump in here and say that no sane person can advocate us forgetting our clubs histories and traditions. What I am saying is we can always be proud of where we came from and what we have stood for but remove the darker elements of our support and move forward into the 21st Century as a united, tolerant support who can be untouchable from our enemies.

We can use our traditions and history as a unifying force instead of a divisive tool which splits our support.

TravelingWilBEARy do suck donkey's d!cks ?

You talk so much shyte, you need to learn about the club your 'meant' to support and report back here as a real Bear or just go back to your like minded friends scum over on taigminded....

You talk so much shyte, you need to learn about the club your 'meant' to support and report back here as a real Bear or just go back to your like minded friends scum over on taigminded....

Completely uncalled for.

If I can just jump in here and say that no sane person can advocate us forgetting our clubs histories and traditions. What I am saying is we can always be proud of where we came from and what we have stood for but remove the darker elements of our support and move forward into the 21st Century as a united, tolerant support who can be untouchable from our enemies.

We can use our traditions and history as a unifying force instead of a divisive tool which splits our support.

That's an ideal concept, but in any faction or group you'll find extreemists or darker elemets, it' part and parcel of any religion,political party or football club, we have just got to put up with it or become zombies with no views or differing opinions. Timmy believes one thing, we believe another, what's wrong with the rivalry? it's when it turns to violence that it's unacceptable, singing a song may cause offence to some but it never caused bodily harm, as I said "Sticks and Stones"

Completely uncalled for.

So are most of his posts, on the topic of your last post 'Catholics supporting Rangers;

I much prefer no signalisation of any one, as either one or the other, we are a world breaking club who loves any one who supports our glorious club as a fellow bear.

I personally know people of different faiths(3 of them are catholics if you need to know) that support us, and just as proudly as anyone else. I've never needed to know what religion they are or where they come from, unlike the 'Celtic minded' opinion of the tramps over the road

We have Loyalist/Protestant/Unionists traditions which will never change, regardless of any h/w, taigs etc that try and infect our forums to spout pish,…