William McBeaths Dedication

Well as you all know I have written for a number of Rangers websites and I have many friends on all of them so I do not wish to contribute to any sense of being an FF Bear, an RM Bear or a VB Bear.

I think what the Vanguard Bears did with regard to this headstone for one of our founders is a magnificent act and gesture...worthy not only of reporting on EVERY Rangers website but also by the club themselves.

If any site is refusing to report this event due to personality clashes then they are putting their own interests before Rangers and the Rangers community at large, and that is to their eternal shame.

This has been a both a momentous gesture and occasion which should be shared and enjoyed by the whole Rangers community. The local Lincoln newspaper realised the significance of the event and covered the event in detail - the article in question is a wonderful testimony to Rangers supporters love of their club.

In a day and age where our media are inundated with negative stories about our club and support its both our club's, and the Rangers netword of websites responsibility to highlight all instances of positive action by our club or its support.

I couldn't agree more.

The Gallant Pioneers story is one that should transcend any site rivalries and petty differences.

And as you say any good news stories about our club regardless of where they originate should be applauded and embraced by all true Rangers fans.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as you all know I have written for a number of Rangers websites and I have many friends on all of them so I do not wish to contribute to any sense of being an FF Bear, an RM Bear or a VB Bear.

I think what the Vanguard Bears did with regard to this headstone for one of our founders is a magnificent act and gesture...worthy not only of reporting on EVERY Rangers website but also by the club themselves.

If any site is refusing to report this event due to personality clashes then they are putting their own interests before Rangers and the Rangers community at large, and that is to their eternal shame.

This has been a both a momentous gesture and occasion which should be shared and enjoyed by the whole Rangers community. The local Lincoln newspaper realised the significance of the event and covered the event in detail - the article in question is a wonderful testimony to Rangers supporters love of their club.

In a day and age where our media are inundated with negative stories about our club and support its both our club's, and the Rangers netword of websites responsibility to highlight all instances of positive action by our club or its support.

I couldn’t agree more, Rangers history should written as ONE, a unity that bonds us together like a brotherhood.

The William McBeath memorial was a great gesture and should be remembered and available to all brothers and friends of our glorious football club.

My thanks goes out to all involved.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

I couldn't agree more.

The Gallant Pioneers story is one that should transcend any site rivalries and petty differences.

And as you say any good news stories about our club regardless of where they originate should be applauded and embraced by all true Rangers fans.

Adoniram - your username intrigues me - was it supposed to be Maridona backwards and ye made a mess of it?

happy.gif

I couldn't agree more.

Adoniram - your username intrigues me - was it supposed to be Maridona backwards and ye made a mess of it?

happy.gif

:D

I think you will find that there is another explanation.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on the gravestone it still looks brilliant. I went there yesterday as my grandad/papa gravestone is in the memorial to, and put flowers on both. It was his 16th aniversary, he would not believe that a founder of rangers would be burried so close to him. As he was a massive rangers fan with "simply the best" on his gravestone. I took my granma and family members there, who are rangers fans to, was a lovely day and have some great pictures, cant wait to travel up for the manchester united game.

Just an update on the gravestone it still looks brilliant. I went there yesterday as my grandad/papa gravestone is in the memorial to, and put flowers on both. It was his 16th aniversary, he would not believe that a founder of rangers would be burried so close to him. As he was a massive rangers fan with "simply the best" on his gravestone. I took my granma and family members there, who are rangers fans to, was a lovely day and have some great pictures, cant wait to travel up for the manchester united game.

I am positive we spotted this (or something similar) when we were down for the ceremony back in July.

Every newspaper and media outlet in the West of Scotland was contacted by VB about running the story.

Every single media outlet and newspaper refused to run with it and i think from memory every single outlet didn't even have the courtesy to reply to our request saying thanks but no thanks.

No agenda though.