***Live Football Thread - Season 2010/11***

Muff

Yeah it would be a silly move, he would get hardly any game time.

Here's the article

nter Milan have joined a host of Serie A clubs in the race to sign former Hearts striker Mauricio Pinilla. The 26-year-old Chilean, who played just eight times for the Edinburgh club, is in demand after scoring his 20th goal in as many games for Serie B club Grosseto.

Pinilla endured a nightmare spell at Tynecastle, having originally joined on loan from Sporting Lisbon before completing a permanent transfer in 2007. His time in Scotland was beset with injuries however and his spell was brought to an end when he moved to play for Brazilian side Vasco de Gama in the summer of 2008.

A move to Apollon Limassol followed before he finally found his feet in Italy, where he has broken the record for the most goals scored in consecutive Serie B games, having scored 12 on the bounce.

Pinilla started his European career with Inter at the age of 19 after a switch from Universidad Chile but failed to make a single appearance with the Nerazzurri, instead spending time on loan with Chievo and Celta Vigo. He then moved to Sporting Lisbon before his transfer to Hearts.

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti confirmed his interest in bringing his former player back to the San Siro, saying: “We are already interested. He was our player.”

Pinilla, who left Hearts just 22 months ago, is now in line to make the squad of the reigning champions and current league leaders in Italy and admits the prospect excites him.

“I can only thank Moratti because seven years ago they brought me to Italy for the first time,” said Pinilla.

“If there were to be a new opportunity for me, I would do everything to exploit it this time. Inter are a dream for anyone. But for now, I am happy to be at Grosseto and to have finally matured as a player and a man.

“I repeat it's a dream to wear the Inter shirt not just for me. I feel mature enough for a big club and I would like to re-pay the club for the trust that they have given me in the past and that they are giving me by following my progress closely today.

A switch to Inter would also see Pinilla team up with former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and the Chile international was enthusiastic at the prospect of being coached by the self-styled “special one”.

“To be trained by the greatest coach in the world would be really special for anyone, also because Mourinho knows how to get the best from every player,” Pinilla added. “But I don't want to dream too much.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/162596-former-hearts-striker-pinilla-set-for-inter-milan-move/

I remember watching him playing once or twice for Hearts and he scored a decent goal. Just a shame he was plagued by injuries at Hearts, coulda been a massive player for them.

Man City v Chelsea line-ups

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Boyata, Milner, De Jong, Barry, Toure Yaya, Silva, Tevez. Subs: Given, Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Boateng, Lescott, Vieira, Jo.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, Malouda, Drogba, Anelka. Subs: Turnbull, Zhirkov, Ferreira, Sturridge, Van Aanholt, Kakuta, McEachran.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

Hoping for a good game, not got any preferences.

Noticed that myself. Quite a few times he's thrown himself to the ground. That's what's holding him back from being one of the best in the world in people's eyes.

definitely, just seems when he cant win through his own physicality, he'l fall to the floor almost in a tantrum that someone dare be stronger than him! that boyate (excuse the spelling), the young RB gave him a good shoulder barge...and surprise surprise, drogs arms were flailing in attempt to get refs attention

one day someone will teach me how to multiquote.... doh

Celtic: Forster, Cha, Majstorovic, Loovens, Mulgrew, Juarez, Brown, Ledley, Maloney, Stokes, Hooper. Subs: Zaluska, Samaras, Rogne, Ki, Murphy, Kayal, Towell.

Hibernian: Brown, Hart, Grounds, Dickoh, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, De Graaf, McBride, Miller, Rankin, Riordan. Subs: Smith, Hogg, Galbraith, Trakys, Stevenson, Stephens, Thicot.

Zaluska must be raging, must of thought this was his year. :lol: