Beattie Debut

CallumRangers

Beattie Debut  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think James Beattie did OK on his debut ?

• Aye he was good
    • Naw wasn't good , lacks match fitness
    • No to bad but not brilliant

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could tell he wasnt fit but i dont know about people saying he was slow.

Hes not as quick as Miller or that but hes quicker than Boyd, Velicka etc IMO.

A few times when the ball was played in behind he got onto the end of them well before the defender and the other couple that went out he wasnt far away from...promising debut though and can only get better once he gels and gets match sharpness.

He looks like he is class in the air though, his knock-downs and jumping in general was good today.

On a side note though, what was he doing when he had the chance 1vs1....

you wonder why people said he was slow then you ask what he was doing with his 1 vs 1 ? he was as slow as a week in jail . I`m sure he will get faster . If he doesn`t he will be a total waste of money .

today he wasn`t quicker than boyd as I`m sure boyd would have buried that 1 vs 1 chance. but before you all jump on me it would have to be the boyd of early last season . I watched the mcmiddlesbrough

game tonight and boyd looked lost and very overweight .

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I actually want to ban anyone who is seriously criticising the guy.

Papa, I'm afraid you aren't a man of your word :sherlock:

first game, cant be judged really and it would still have been daunting for the lad even though he has lots of experience, he didnt expect to be in the starting 11 so we should and i hope we do give him time before he gats hounded by anyone

First of all I thought it was a bit desparate, and unfair to the player, that he played in this game. I suppose the management feel that they have to get on with it, and blood him, because he's not had any pre-season with Rangers.

Having said all that, I thought he was hopeless. I didn't think he had a clue.

Obviously it's just one game, and there'll be plenty opportunity to get it right. He needs to adjust quickly though.

So that's my judgement on his debut. Here's hoping he improves drastically.

He also ripped into Pascali when the big poof went down holding his face after miller kicked him in the chest.

Big Beattie went up to him and pointed to his chest as if to say 'never mind holding your face ya big poof' and the wank didn't have a thing to say about it :pipe:

Thought he was clearly not match fit should have been taken off after about 60 mins or even half time. Showed that he could be a good player for us and one thing i noticed was he was tracking back and was into wide areas trying to get the ball into the box.

I think he is an improvement on Boyd and will show that in the next few weeks

I thought he was quite obviously lacking match sharpness. He made good runs and on a better day (ie with Davis playing) he'd have got in behind a couple more times, since Edu and Naismith had no final ball.

He'll come good though, keeper made one good save, and he seemed to try to score a perfect goal in his 1v1 but that might just be him trying too hard on his debut.

There is a lot more to come from this guy, but him and Miller seemed to have a good understanding already.

Has barely had time to get used to playing alongside his team mates and lacks match fitness, looks promising though and was very unlucky to score. Thought he had an ok first half then kind of went missing in the second.

This. (tu) Will no doubt look sharper once he adjusts to the squad around him and gets a few more matches under his belt.

was a good attempt in the first half with that volley from a cross.... but something tells me boyd woulda scored that. just cause he miss kicks most his shots lol :rolleyes:

With Davis and Miller in the side, hopefully we can get one or two attack minded players who have the ability and brains to work with and feed Beattie. He made some great runs yesterday, but our players were not on the same wave length. Hopefully over the coming games, they can work on this. Hopefully we can get these players in. Beattie also good in the air, let's use that to our advantage, although at this minute in time we don't have many who can deliver a ball, which is pathetic at this level.

looked very promising. thrown in at the deepend and coped reasonably well i thought. alot of promising signs in his movement and positioning. fitness needs to be sorted but it will be resolved as he will get plenty of games with our squad being so small. i reckon he could team up well with miller. be a dangerous pair. if the scum see miller and beattie (when he is fully fit) up against them on old firm day then they be aswel throw in the towel.