Donald Muir (the enemy within apparently)

do they deserve credit as well for the way the club has potentially made the team better this summer

considering the last 2 seasons (last season especially) there have been numerous outbursts, protests and other venemous shots aimed at Lloyds and donald muir

this summer we released a fair whack of players, boyd being the biggest asset

we have also sold 2 players, in thomson and wilson

but in theory we may have improved the team

the loan for the man city boy is an improvement on beasley most likely

we sold thomson who was in his final year, injury prone perhaps, and also plays in a position that we are highly covered for

wilson was the same position wise, and lets not forget we offered him and boyd a new deal worth more than they were on

the spending of maybe 6.5mill in total, with apparently money still there, could mean that Lloyds have actually done well in the "running" of the club

now im not saying everything is/was down to them, but considering the hammering they took over 2 years, when we actually didnt really do much in terms of cripple the squad, maybe an apology is due towards them

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 cheers for AJ, Mr Muir and LBG

Well done, in spite of Murray n Bain , you have provided us with the much needed financial muscle to keep our squad strong and able to defend what is rightfully ours, the league crown.

Well Done Lloyds, Well Done Mr Chairman and Well Done Mr Muir

Thank You

:clap:

:21:

What a load of crap, if it had not been for Walter Smith any of there efforts would have counted for nothing.

how narrow minded

smith was the guy that is partially to blame for the mess we were in

remember that smith was goven the tools back in august 08 AFTER he had made a cunt of the kaunas tie, and since then has been allowed to keep the vast majority of they tools he asked fo0r to win 2iar

Happier with AJ and LBG calling the shots.

Running the club in a professional manner which DM failed to do.

We'll come out of this stronger and leaner, better prepared for the future.

Living within our means is something that needed to be done.

i agree 100%

(tu)

living without euro money is what Lloyds have been doing since they came in,

fair play to them, it will be required

They deserve credit for preventing the club from going to the brink, we are now on the path to financial stability.

That in my opinion comes way before success on the park.

I hope Donald Muir holds his seat for a long time to come, ensuring that we dont get silly in our spending again.

how narrow minded

smith was the guy that is partially to blame for the mess we were in

remember that smith was goven the tools back in august 08 AFTER he had made a cunt of the kaunas tie, and since then has been allowed to keep the vast majority of they tools he asked fo0r to win 2iar

Can I just say something here........

*tilts head to side*

You're a bigger fanny than I first thought........ for sure.

yeah i know,

by the way, i didnt realise the flight from vienna takes a fortnight now, thats one slow fucking plane bain and jelavic were on eh blouie

So what's a couple of weeks between friends? :pipe:

I said from day one he was Walter's number one target and that he would be a Rangers player even after the Record announced the deal was dead. (tu)

They deserve credit for preventing the club from going to the brink, we are now on the path to financial stability.

That in my opinion comes way before success on the park.

I hope Donald Muir holds his seat for a long time to come, ensuring that we dont get silly in our spending again.

Spot on mate

We must never return to our previous spending patterns in which our clubs very existance is being gambled with by those with their hand on the tiller.

Financial stability and a long term buisness model should be the No1 priority.

I know nothing about the inner-workings of the club, but I can only assume Donald Muir has helped us secure funds for the tranfers.

No-one on here does, they will claim they do but they don't. They will listen and see what they want to see and hear and laugh off the stuff they don't want to. Its how a good number of people work on here.

I am happy that we have signed 2 quality players.

However, we still haven't spent any champions league money yet.

£7 million in for Thomson + Wilson. £5.3 million spent on Jelavic and Beattie, Maybe £500-700k to take Weiss on loan for the year.

The money for Thomson and Wilson has been re-invested, but where is the Champions league money, Season Ticket money going?

I'm glad the money brought in for Thomson and Wilson has been made available, but I can't help but feel the £4 million spent on Jelavic is a way to stop fans moaning and forget about the rest of the money.

Will £1-2 million be made available for another player? Does the champions league money bring the debt down considerably?

IMO they have done a good job to deflect the real questions that need answered.

So what's a couple of weeks between friends? :pipe:

I said from day one he was Walter's number one target and that he would be a Rangers player even after the Record announced the deal was dead. (tu)

You fed this board a load of shite about, first McCoist, then Bain, bringing him back from Vienna the next day.

3 cheers for AJ, Mr Muir and LBG

Well done, in spite of Murray n Bain , Well Done Mr Muir

Flecky - Muir is a Murray appointment. Ye cannae say he's done well in spite of Murray when Murray put him there giving him the role and the remit!

Who knows, maybe after all the tough times we've had to suffer off the park over the last couple of years, we may now be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. As has been mentioned before, there is no chance we will be spending beyond our means now, so to be able to spend £4m on one player can only be a good sign?

Its true what they say, you really do have to have been through the bad times to appreciate the good ones (tu)

You fed this board a load of shite about, first McCoist, then Bain, bringing him back from Vienna the next day.

I told you Bain was in Vienna, which he was.

Just accept that you and other merchants of doom on here have been put firmly in your place.

Here, have some of this...

cherry_pie_slice.jpg

You're long overdue a slice of humble pie.

In my own opinion, Walter saved our club. His achievement's are nothing but remarkable considering the parameters he has had to work with.

Bain has come into his own since Murray stepped down and his stock continues to rise amongst the support.

Muir was only doing his job even though it was tough on the team, it had to be done.

Financially we're not out of the woods yet but there is a clearing and the club's moving towards it.

I told you Bain was in Vienna, which he was.

Just accept that you and other merchants of doom on here have been put firmly in your place.

Here, have some of this...

cherry_pie_slice.jpg

You're long overdue a slice of humble pie.

Your posts are in the big thread. No need to become all bashful now.

I got it wrong about the Jelavic deal, but at no time did I claim to be 'in the know', unlike yourself, with all your daft fucking winks.