Vlas Weiss: Is he what we thought aaron would be

fraser77

Weiss is schooled as a kid in the East-European style of footy..they are no wimps.

Since then he have spent years with Man City youth playing all kind of teams and was on loan at Bolton last season.

He is ready to face the world.. :pipe:

A bit difficult to judge after one cameo appearance but he certainly looks a lot better than Aaron IMHO.

He looked exciting and I got the feeling our support wanted him to succeed which is important as well.

High hopes for this young man.

:weiss:

Can't really compare because never really seen enough of Aaron nor was he given a regular run of games although Weiss looks like the real deal and is a real talent. Hopefully Man City continue to buy superstars like David Silva etc or Mancini gets the sack and the new manager of City doesnt want Weiss. Also hopefully Weiss enjoys his time with us because i'd love to see us get him on loan for next season as well.

Tbh (hypothetically) i'd like to see Aaron on the left and Weiss on the right with Davis and either McCulloch or Edu alongside him. Todays game, well the first half anyways, showed the lack of creativity we have and playing strikers out wide isn't a wise nor good idea because they're hardly going to be effective. We need 2 out and out wingers and we've got one in Weiss for the right hand side and now we need one for the left hand side, preferably somebody left footed, i'd love to see us go for George Boyd if we had the cash, if not Barazite.

I have a feeling that we are going to rely too much on weiss and everytime he gets the ball they will just be going to hurt him and if he gets an injury then it could be bad days.

But lets make the most of him while he's here! :weiss:

I thought weiss would have been a bit week aswell. but he's actually quite strong.

we have found a player and a half here. whens the last time we signed a brilliant player on loan. all the players we usually sign are pish. apart from davis when he was on loan with us.

Weiss won't take long to know which caber tossers he can dribble against and which ones to push the ball past them and outpace them. He will probably get a few batterings but he'll come back for more.

Don't be fooled by his build, I think he will be tougher than he looks, same as Wee Willie Henderson and Jinky Johnstone used to be.