Andy Webster ?

I'd much rather have Andy Webster in our team ahead of Davie Weir simply because Weir struggles to keep up with the pace of today's game. Only problem is that Webster seems to be constantly injured especially whenever he's with us, is it the training methods we adopt with him too demanding? if so then we should look at a regime that'll suit him and us allowing him to play more games because there's no doubt he is a good defender, when fully fit.

I'd much rather have Andy Webster in our team ahead of Davie Weir simply because Weir struggles to keep up with the pace of today's game. Only problem is that Webster seems to be constantly injured especially whenever he's with us, is it the training methods we adopt with him too demanding? if so then we should look at a regime that'll suit him and us allowing him to play more games because there's no doubt he is a good defender, when fully fit.

Agree mate, but we cant have our back up to a 40 cb being injured all the time.

Webster is indeed a strange one to figure out. If (as trueblue4life questions) our training regime is causing his injury problems, maybe it's time to re-adjust his regime.

Maybe it's just a coincidence he gets injured when he's in our squad, but if that's the case, he's got to go.

I like webster alot think he would be really good for us if fit but all uv got to look at us how injury prone he is , could say to Dundee utd for a swap but is what they've got any better than boys who are waiting to get the chance to break into our first team ! Trust Walters judgement , know doubt have something up his sleeve

He is unlikely to start when fit.

We should bne looking to part exchange him for a player in an area where we are less well covered.

I agree but the problem is where could/would he go?

He will get nowhere near the wages elsewhere in the spl(we paid Dundee Utd half his wages to take him on loan)

He flopped at Wigan and they shipped him out asap. He could not cope with the demands at Bristol in the championship when we loaned him out.Possibly his fitness problems may have been a factor but I would think his reputation would hinder any championship club taking a chance.

He is unlikely to start when fit.

We should bne looking to part exchange him for a player in an area where we are less well covered.

I'm not convinced that we have enough quality cover there now (since Wilson left). If Webster does go, and Weir is injured, I think we will be relying on substandard or untried players. That *may* work in our favour if one of the youngsters are given a run but I suspect the most likely outcome would be Broadfoot going there. Against lesser teams, I would not be overly concerned but against any of the top teams, or even in Europe, we will have major issues.

I'd be much happier if he stays and is injury free. But that's a big if.