Kenny Miller's Gers future hangs in the balance as he rejects reduced contract

Ace

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

miller will stay - not that he needs the cash, but i dont think he would want to uproot his mrs and the wee one now...hence why hes looking for a 3 year deal and he will then retire..., if so why cant he comprimise and take a pay cut, to 15k a week if hes on about £20k just now......depends how much he wnats to stay in scotland....!!I dnt think gers are being unreasonable here.....!!!

i would be disappointed if he went and hopes he stays.

What would be the point in selling him for 750 grand?

If he's not advocating a move, then we are obliged to pay him off/reach a settlment. Surely most of the money we get in a transfer fee, will just go to him anyway?

Keep him.

The only concern with Miller is what do we do with him when his pace goes?

A long term contract for a player like Kenny at 30 is a risky move IMO.

I don't think that will happen for a good few years yet IMO, we should offer him the same kind of contract that beattie has two year with a 3rd if he plays of 30games for us.

Would you rather give Miller a new contract for a few years or keep Lafferty and play him up front for a few years?

Give me a 30+ year old Kenny Miller any day of the week.

Miller all day long.

I'm not anti-Lafferty. I see both sides of the arguement, but Miller is proven and tested. Lafferty isn't. Need to go with the sure thing.

The only concern with Miller is what do we do with him when his pace goes?

A long term contract for a player like Kenny at 30 is a risky move IMO.

Especially when there are injury concerns already. I would like to see a signing policy adopted, regarding players over 30. A maximum of two years on any deal would safeguard us somewhat, against the increased chance of recurring injuries to the older player.

Especially when there are injury concerns already. I would like to see a signing policy adopted, regarding players over 30. A maximum of two years on any deal would safeguard us somewhat, against the increased chance of recurring injuries to the older player.

Indeed.

Forgot to even consider his less-than-reliable hamstrings in that post.

We use him the role that Beattie is doing, Miller is a better player than Beattie.

Perhaps in the same area of the park, but not in the same role.

No-one expects Beattie to burst onto through balls and outpace a defence, but we do expect that from Miller.

Perhaps in the same area of the park, but not in the same role.

No-one expects Beattie to burst onto through balls and outpace a defence, but we do expect that from Miller.

But yet Miller in that lone strikers role can bully people and hold the ball up, ticks both roles. Miller is younger and is in his prime. Plus most important he's been here and done it consistently.

If we let him go after forking out to secure a older less mobile James Beattie, it will be crazy.

We need the strength in depth, not take one step forward and two steps back.

You canny ask a Man in great form to work for less!! He is desperate to stay for the same amount of wages which many players dont often agree to. The fucking bankers will mess up if they let him go! he could still do a job in Scotland for the next two years

He's 30, his legs are humped, he's rejected a contract and he should never have been signed in the first place.

What's all the fuss about? <cr>

He proved that on Sunday when he ONLY scored 3 (td)