Kenny Miller's Gers future hangs in the balance as he rejects reduced contract

Ace

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If true then wonder if we asked McCulloch to take a pay cut also?

And McGregor's reported new five year deal, is this also at a reduced salary?

And Papac aswell?

To me, Kenny is more important than all 3 so would seem unfair.

If true then wonder if we asked McCulloch to take a pay cut also?

And McGregor's reported new five year deal, is this also at a reduced salary?

And Papac aswell?

To me, Kenny is more important than all 3 so would seem unfair.

Kenny Miller will have been on more than either one of them though JTP, I think that may be why he's been offered a cut if that is true.

McCulloch would play for Rangers for travel expenses, and I'm pretty sure McGregor would still only be on his first or second contract since getting a chance from the reserves, so a few grand extra wouldn't have been a squeeze.

Just pure conjecture from myself though.

Is it possible they just want him off the wage bill and dont care how much he brings to the team, as we have brought in another 2 strikers and still have others that can play that position, although no where near as good?

If the initial report is true, then if we offered him less money - after the couple of years he's had - he's right to say no.

That's all I'm saying.

Im confident he will stay, though and the original article is just mischief making.

Is it possible they just want him off the wage bill and dont care how much he brings to the team, as we have brought in another 2 strikers and still have others that can play that position, although no where near as good?

I think it's taking in to account his age and maybe the shin splints problem.

I still think he will sign up anyway though.

Kenny Miller will have been on more than either one of them though JTP, I think that may be why he's been offered a cut if that is true.

McCulloch would play for Rangers for travel expenses, and I'm pretty sure McGregor would still only be on his first or second contract since getting a chance from the reserves, so a few grand extra wouldn't have been a squeeze.

Just pure conjecture from myself though.

Agree about McCulloch I think he would, although I reckon both him and McGregor are in our top earners along with Miller, I'm just thinking along the 'principle' path, if Miller earns more it's most likely because he is a better player so are we saying 'you need to take a pay cut Kenny because you are a better player' .......... it just seems a strange way to reward your better players.

To me, it would make more sense IF Jig, McGregor etc were asked the same thing, regardless of how much they earn at present.

I hope it's being blown out or proportion however and is quickly resolved.

scaremongering guess work from the usual mhedia suspects because we have signed 2 strikers and Miller is doing well, It's plain to see that since Miller has started to get the backing of the fans he is loving playing for Rangers and is playing the best football of his career I fully expect him to finish his career at Ibrox!

The only four truths in this is as follows:

Rangers have opened negotiations for a contract extension for Miller.

Miller wants to stay at Rangers.

Clubs are sniffing around Miller, as they probably are at all our top players as happens at every club!

Usual press suspects want to twist it out of proportion to sell papers.

Anything else is just speculation and we won't know one way or the other what is going to happen until he either agrees to a new contract or the transfer window shuts!

I have to laugh at the reactions to this.

If the paper reported that we are in negotiations to extend his deal then the i am sure that the reaction would be "Great" ... "Sign him up" ... "about tim ..", basically we would all beleive it.

However, the press report has negative conotations i.e. we offered him a reduced deal so basically, it's "pish" .. "fantasy" .. shit stirring".

I fully believe this story, i believe that, as others have stated form experience inside the media, that stories such as these are released from many sources, beit the player themselves, the agent or a friend of friend.

The club is cutting its cloth to suit the way forward.

Jelavic is on a reported £15k/wk, Weissm, being 20, will be on a decent wage probably suplemented by Man City, Beattie, his deal was supplements from Stoke.

The club cannot offer big deals anymore, who knows what Miller is on, i reckon it would be above the £20k/wk mark and the club want that down.

It appears we have a salary cap of around £20k/wk for any player ... we were all upstet that Boyd didn;t taje that up, why is Miller any different.

(If my suppositions are true .. of course !!)

I have to laugh at the reactions to this.

If the paper reported that we are in negotiations to extend his deal then the i am sure that the reaction would be "Great" ... "Sign him up" ... "about tim ..", basically we would all beleive it.

However, the press report has negative conotations i.e. we offered him a reduced deal so basically, it's "pish" .. "fantasy" .. shit stirring".

I fully believe this story, i believe that, as others have stated form experience inside the media, that stories such as these are released from many sources, beit the player themselves, the agent or a friend of friend.

The club is cutting its cloth to suit the way forward.

Jelavic is on a reported £15k/wk, Weissm, being 20, will be on a decent wage probably suplemented by Man City, Beattie, his deal was supplements from Stoke.

The club cannot offer big deals anymore, who knows what Miller is on, i reckon it would be above the £20k/wk mark and the club want that down.

It appears we have a salary cap of around £20k/wk for any player ... we were all upstet that Boyd didn;t taje that up, why is Miller any different.

(If my suppositions are true .. of course !!)

MMiller is no were near 20kp/w

If Kenny Miller has been offered a new contract on less amount of miney than he is on now then I can't blame him for turning it down. In his second spell with us he has scored 40 goals so far, helped win 2 SPL titles, 1 Scottish Cup and scored the goal to win us the CIS Cup.

He is our main striker and deserves a new contract but not on reduced wages. I hope we can tie him down on a new contract.

Didn't McGregor sign for 20K per week 2 years ago? He got a massive wage increase? So.. maybe the 5yr is 20k per week for 5 years...

Big Lee... has to be on a good wage as well. As for Kenny. Yes, good start -- but are we forcing his hand a wee bit? We could make a few quid off of him right now I'd imagine?

Just business... And let's face it, Niko is the future -- not Kenny. (Harsh I know, but that's life.)

Bottom line for me is? After what Kenny did for us last year, and the start this year -- to be offered less? Insulting. Would not be surprised if he's sold now. (If there is truth to the story.)