Walter Smith

I hope Walter changes his mind at the end of this season because i'm not sold on Ally McCoist to be our next manager. It seems like a big risk to be taking on a guy with no managerial experience.

I was very surprised/shocked when Walter said he was going to walk away after this season.

I hope Walter changes his mind at the end of this season because i'm not sold on Ally McCoist to be our next manager. It seems like a big risk to be taking on a guy with no managerial experience.

I was very surprised/shocked when Walter said he was going to walk away after this season.

I know where you're coming from mate.. I would only say that Walter would not leave the club to someone he didn't trust? Otherwise, he'd work for nothing until we found a proper manager?

I think we need to give Walter the benefit of the doubt here... (Not sold on Ally either.. but let's face it, Wattie knows him inside/out). Better than anyone here -- and certainly better than me.

(tu)

I know where you're coming from mate.. I would only say that Walter would not leave the club to someone he didn't trust? Otherwise, he'd work for nothing until we found a proper manager?

I think we need to give Walter the benefit of the doubt here... (Not sold on Ally either.. but let's face it, Wattie knows him inside/out). Better than anyone here -- and certainly better than me.

(tu)

Also understand your concerns especially when you look across the city at what mayhem a manager without experience can cause. The difference for me is Ally has served a very long apprenticeship both with Rangers and previously with Scotland, so has all the experience except being the final decision maker. I am sure Walter will only be a phone call away for advice if and when he steps down.