Money for the new season.

With the couple of signings we have made since WS came in and the guys who are coming in the summer and with the news that we are now something like the 18th richest club in europe/world (not sure) Would it be asking too much of the people who run the club that we could be even thinking of signing a guy like David Nugent. I know he's £6M or thereabouts but I also think that WS and SDM trust each other implicitly with the way the other runs the different sides of the business. I am pretty optimistic that we are in this kind of wage/player bracket for at least two players in the close season. Anyone else agree ?

The days of £6million Rangers players are long gone I'm afraid.

If we even spend £6million in total I'll be pleasantly surprised. Moreover, if that is our budget, to spend it all on just one or 2 players would be foolhardy.

With the couple of signings we have made since WS came in and the guys who are coming in the summer and with the news that we are now something like the 18th richest club in europe/world (not sure) Would it be asking too much of the people who run the club that we could be even thinking of signing a guy like David Nugent. I know he's £6M or thereabouts but I also think that WS and SDM trust each other implicitly with the way the other runs the different sides of the business. I am pretty optimistic that we are in this kind of wage/player bracket for at least two players in the close season. Anyone else agree ?

If we have a new Chairman lined up, maybe...

I like your optamism and it's the type of player we should be looking at, but like Frankie said, those days are long gone.

We need AT LEAST 6 new players, so I can't see us splashing the majority, if not all, of our budget on one player. We have to spend it wisely.

We have Gow and probably McDonald for next season, so I don't think a striker is a priority.

Whether these guys are good enough, I don't know, but Wattie seems to think so.

David Nugent is never worth £6million, he is over-rated and the Preston fans will even back me up on this one!

For that we could much better players.

I thought WS said recently there would not be much coming and going - maybe 2 in and 2 out?

I am NOT holding my breath on great spending this Summer.

Thats why I am saying maybe one or two good players comming in, but for them to be good players we'll have to splash out. I also think the day of shit European bosman signings are over, so were gonna have to spend something !