James Beattie

ronniemca

what the fuck was that about today? he makes boyd look like usain bolt on ecstasy .a total waste of 1.5m .tought we were told we would stop buying hasbeens, coming to top up their pension funds. with that money we could have signed a young striker with a future and some value, instead of a fuckin statue

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he was very good last week at Easter Road, but today he was terrible. Slow, lazy, uninterested at times. His touch and control was piss poor and he made the wrong runs.

He better get his finger out if he wants to be a regular first team starter, because Walter Smith isn't going to drop Miller and we have just spent bid on Jelavic.

You've really fuckin jumped the gun here. Give the lad a chance. We are still winning (if not convincingly) and he has contributed to that.

You're forgetting he was dropped for half a year after a backroom bust-up and that will take time to recover from. He will play a part this season, so get behind him.

think he need s afew games to get match fit,dont even kno if he got a good pre-season under his belt with the fall out with the manager pulis,hopefully beattie will get afew goals soon as no doubt the papers will be on his back soon if doesnt score :beer1:

My thoughts are as follows,

1,Debut against Killie = Adrenalin and fan power carried him through and he tried his best 7/10

2,Game against Hibs = Put himself about really well and got in about the defence 6/10

3,Today against St Johnstone = Thought he was really ineffective his passing was not very distributive and his overall performance was well below par 3/10

Overall Verdict = Willing to put himself about but really short of match fitness and badly in need of losing a few pounds plus really needs a goal to kick start his Rangers career, willing to give him a chance !!!

to me hes like so many other strikers weve signed ostenstad, velicka etc ,slow as fuck and over the hill, watched him closely to day and the amount of times he was caught on his heels was amazing, surely a young, quick, enthusiastic player ala little, loy, goodwillie would offer more than dross like this

It was only a matter of time before the snipers started on the big man. I'm only suprised it took 3 games.

He adds something to our team. He can shield a man an win a header with ease. OK, that might not be the most desireable thing in the world but it's perfect foil for Miller.

My thoughts are as follows,

1,Debut against Killie = Adrenalin and fan power carried him through and he tried his best 7/10

2,Game against Hibs = Put himself about really well and got in about the defence 6/10

3,Today against St Johnstone = Thought he was really ineffective his passing was not very distributive and his overall performance was well below par 3/10

Overall Verdict = Willing to put himself about but really short of match fitness and badly in need of losing a few pounds plus really needs a goal to kick start his Rangers career, willing to give him a chance !!!

Agree with most but I can assure u the guy don't need to lose a few pounds! I met him outside ibrox on Friday and like u I thought he was carrying weight but he's lean and physically well built in upper body! Me an ma mates were shocked. He is well short in match fitness I believe.