James Beattie

ronniemca

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with most but I can assure u the guy don't need to lose a few pounds! I met him outside ibrox on Friday and like u I thought he was carrying weight but he's lean and physically well built in upper body! Me an ma mates were shocked. He is well short in match fitness I believe.

Thanks for clearing that up mate, i only go on what i have seen and at most that is him 20ft away so i will believe what you say i only hope he can reach match fitness and get that all elusive 1st goal then hopefully the goals will flow !!!

I'll give him time and all that, but I can't see him being a success.

He never has had any pace or any great mobility.He may add "presence" and be able to shield the ball and hopefully when he gets matches under his belt he may be able to keep possession better and not get his pocket picked so often.

I do not have great hopes that he will contribute all that much especially not in goal terms.

I'll start judging after a dozen matches, new league not really played last season, you need time to gel and work and know how players work around. What do we do bench him then give him run ons? half the cunts here would be slaying Walt then, just cannae win.

I'll start judging after a dozen matches, new league not really played last season, you need time to gel and work and know how players work around. What do we do bench him then give him run ons? half the cunts here would be slaying Walt then, just cannae win.

James Beattie = franny Jeffers 2

He needs to lose some weight first because when he joined i said he looked overweight and is still unfit.

I didnt think we should've bought him in the first place we didnt need him tbh, Lafferty impressed me towards the end of last season in the title run in when Walter played him upfront alongside Miller, both of them formed a decent partnership and i knew we were gonna sign Jelavic eventually anyways.

That £1.5m plus Beattie's wages shouldve went to 1.) Getting Miller signed to a new contract and 2.) On a left sided winger because we've lacked width for too long now and with Weiss showing what creativity.width can do. If we got a left winger for the left flank and Weiss on the right we'd do some damage not only in the SPL but in Europe too with the predicted 4-5-1 formation.

When did you learn to predict the future, because there is no way you can possibly make that judgement on a player who has only just signed with no pre-season behind him.

I've been to all 3 games mate, i'm sorry but i reckon i can judge a player after that.

weiss showed he'll be a cracking player after 25 mins, i havent seen a thing from Beattie

I've been to all 3 games mate, i'm sorry but i reckon i can judge a player after that.

weiss showed he'll be a cracking player after 25 mins, i havent seen a thing from Beattie

so you can judge a player after 3 games and want to get shot of him, look at a certain mr hately how long did it take for him to settle.who cares if he hasnt scored yet or isnt fit enough all he deserves is the backing of our support and sooner or later im sure that all our patience will have paid off.

look at this guys pedigree he is no mug, as is our manager ,hence ,why he is with us

Still don't know what to make of him. Need to give him time I suppose. My only concern is that he's that far off the pace just now, due to reasons already giving in this thread, that once Jelavic starts a match and cements his place in there it will be too late for Beattie.

I hope he comes good though as we need everyone in the squad performing this season. No passengers please.

He hasn't played a serious game since fucking Christmas and he's getting slated after 3 run outs with guys he's never played with before???? doh Get a fucking grip of yerselves for fuck sake.

He's no world beater or has pace but he will do a job for us, especially if we need somebody who can hold a ball up front on his own when we play in the CL.

We sure have got a lot of patient supporters at Ibrox these days....NOT! (td)

obviously didnt watch the hibs game then mate cos he won nearly every single header until he was subbed. didnt have a bad game v killie either- agreed yesterday was tosh but fs, some of the comments here are ridiculous.

I've never really rated him that highly and was not that happy when we signed him but he is one of us now and people need to show a little patience. Give him time and get behind him for a wee while at least. So far he's not been too impressive but their may be reasons for that as mentioned by others. I'd defer judgment on him for a few months.