He's not built like a natural athlete, so he'll take another game or two before we start to see the best of him.

I think he's working away quietly for us. His wee touches of class here and there, coupled with his quite obvious experience, have worked well for us so far.

He's definitely the big battering ram sort of player we've been looking for.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been debated.. but is there any chance we will see a front 3 of Niko/Beattie/Miller.

Surely in the SPL we'd destroy teams.

Loved Niko's movement. Get Big JB in the middle to get on the end of balls...

He's not built like a natural athlete, so he'll take another game or two before we start to see the best of him.

I think he's working away quietly for us. His wee touches of class here and there, coupled with his quite obvious experience, have worked well for us so far.

He's definitely the big battering ram sort of player we've been looking for.

Only had two 45 minutes showings for Stoke Reserves for pre-season, so definitely just getting up to fitness I think.

Fuck sake gie the guy a chance. he's had three games for the club. He played well against Hibs last week and still isn't match-fit. Give players months not weeks to bed in. Better players than James beattie have struggled at the start of their careers at Ibrox. McCoist, Hateley anyone?

You've really fuckin jumped the gun here. Give the lad a chance. We are still winning (if not convincingly) and he has contributed to that.

You're forgetting he was dropped for half a year after a backroom bust-up and that will take time to recover from. He will play a part this season, so get behind him.

Here,Here, its only his second game, when he is fit, he will be a good signing

He hasn't played a serious game since fucking Christmas and he's getting slated after 3 run outs with guys he's never played with before???? doh Get a fucking grip of yerselves for fuck sake.

He's no world beater or has pace but he will do a job for us, especially if we need somebody who can hold a ball up front on his own when we play in the CL.

We sure have got a lot of patient supporters at Ibrox these days....NOT! (td)

patient supporters comin from some1 that goes to like 5 games a season and he has had 3 games 1 thing he done rite weiss 25 mins amazing player plus ma patient has went doon since the likes of jeffers nieto ostenstad capucho so beattie better get his act together or fuk off

As a former season ticket holder at Southampton, I saw a fair bit of James Beattie. He is a big, brash centre forward who lacks pace and often gives the impression of being lazy and disinterested (Think Daniel Cousin). To begin with at St Mary's, he was the darling of the fans, linking with Kevin Phillips and creating lots as well as scoring. Fast forward to his last season there and the word in the crowd was "let's get him fit for the transfer window".

I hope he proves me wrong, but based on what I have seen of both of them, Lafferty is a better player than Beattie.

• 2 weeks later...

Still miles away from being fully fit and in the right shape. Makes Broadfoot look like a 100m sprinter.

I'm not going to write Beattie off, I wasn't for the signing, and the money could have been put to better use, but I will give him a bit more time.

He better get his finger our because in Miller and Jelavic, we could have a pretty good partnership!

I'd play lafferty/naismith up front ahead of beattie on current form but hopefully he works on his fitness and comes good.

What about Miller and Jelavic ? Lafferty's shite and so is Naismith, except from the first 2 game's of the season.

for god sake its the guys 3rd match, he is far from match fit. does a good role in jumping for the ball.

give him time. have a go at lafferty instead :)

4th ;)

I was expecting to see signs of improvement in his shape and fitness after 4 weeks, sadly, there doesn't seem to be any.