Smith will waste our time with Weiss

CanadianBacon

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a RW and that is where he should be played. He can do a job on the left but he is nowhere near as effective as he can be when he is playing on the right.

Once everyone is available I can see him being the LW with Davis going back out to the right.

He is a RW and that is where he should be played. He can do a job on the left but he is nowhere near as effective as he can be when he is playing on the right.

Once everyone is available I can see him being the LW with Davis going back out to the right.

No chance. Davis will be staying in the middle with big Lee.

No chance. Davis will be staying in the middle with big Lee.

There is a chance that Davis could move back out onto the right. Against Hibs, 1st half and yesterday, he was poor in the middle, and if he doesn't start influencing games like he did on the right, then may well be moved back out there. Also depends on who we are playing.

At one point at Easter Road Davis was playing LW for a while.

When everyone is fit and available I think the team will be;

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Edu McCulloch Weiss/Naismith/Lafferty

Miller Jelavic

We haven't had a winger with the pace and trickery of Weiss for some years now - he's what most teams need - a fast tricky right winger with a decent cross and a good football brain.

I've watched Weiss for two and a bit games now (Easter Road and Ibrox) and he looks like he's the real deal and I'm delighted we've got him for a season and it's an arrangement that could work out well for both Rangers and his 'home' team of Man City - CL experience and all that - but if Smith continues to play the boy out of position then he could fuck up what could be a beautiful, albeit short-term marriage.

Weiss is a right-sided winger - that stood out at Easter Road - but yesterday Smith stuck him out on the left-wing (Lafferty anyone?) and he's never a left-winger.

Granted his ball to Miller for the second goal in Edinburgh came from a one-two down the left flank but that's not his strong suit.

Yesterday (on the left) not once did he go to the bye-line and cut a ball back - his natural instinct was to cut inside and cross with his right foot - the St Johnstone defenders quickly sussed that one out and he was blocked and caught in possession numerous time. Nor was he able to use to full advantage his blistering pace because he knew (as did the defenders) that at some point he'd have to put on the brakes and get the ball back to his favoured right foot for the cross in.

A blind man could see he'd be more effective down the right. angry.gif

What is it with Smith and this continual playing players out of position?

It drives me fucking nuts!! angry.gif

Aye, that Walter Smith - knows fk all about football and how to play players.

I wonder while you are writing this did you ever consider what the team need, aligned with what Walter has at his disposal and the fact that so far this season we have won our first 3 games ? Some people just need to moan - and Walters job is not to develop Weiss (there may have some sense in that IF he was our player) - its to win us trophies - thats it!

So let me get this correct GFG, we have to play Weiss right mid and then move Naismith out of position?? So your solution is move 1 player to his position yet move another 1 out of position?

Weiss should be able to play left or right. Any winger should be able to switch sides effectivley. I wonder what will happen when weiss has a poor game. Should Walter be sacked and Weiss sent back to city?

GFG your fucking hard work

Sorry to say this but you are one fuck cunt.

Weiss right mid and then move Naismith out of position?? So your solution is move 1 player to his position yet move another 1 out of position?

Yes, Naisy is not a winger anyway, so we have to play Weiss on the right his position, how fucki hard is it for you people to understand this.

So Man City, Bolton and his national team are all wrong to play him on the right?

You really would try and back up smith if he played him in goals.

As soon as he said ''Better to have 1 side strong than to have both weak. Very simple.'' I realised he was a total trumpet and lost any interest in convincing him further. :craphead: :craphead:

You really have no idea about football. Dont evenknow why i'm wasting my time with you.

I'm good thanks mate. Made little sense to move him to the left, he is the ideal choice for the right hand side in CL, didnt help not having Lafferty who could have been more imposing on that flank than Naismith was. One thing though, what a cracking player, nice to see a player who doesnt play with a lot of fear.

GFG lets be honest. I shall forget more about football than you will ever know. I wouldnt defend Walter if he played him in goals, but then again i wouldnt call him a wanker eitha.

By the way ya contradicting gob shite i see in another thread you say you always think big lee is shite yet in another thread you said you liked him. Make up your mind please ya crazy bassarolleyes.gif

Anyway im off to wank over my walter photo 10310.gif

GFG lets be honest. I shall forget more about football than you will ever know. I wouldnt defend Walter if he played him in goals, but then again i wouldnt call him a wanker eitha.

By the way ya contradicting gob shite i see in another thread you say you always think big lee is shite yet in another thread you said you liked him. Make up your mind please ya crazy bassarolleyes.gif

Anyway im off to wank over my walter photo 10310.gif

1) Your talking crap, we all know that you always do.

2) Lee is shite, stop making up shite about what i have said. Once again you make you look like a cunt.

3) Would not surprise me one little bit.

1) Your talking crap, we all know that you always do.

2) Lee is shite, stop making up shite about what i have said. Once again you make you look like a cunt.

3) Would not surprise me one little bit.

Ok i shall save this wee post of yours. Once the search function is back ill prove you a lying moany bastard. Your fucking brutal you talk down our manager and players worse than most bitter taigs.