Nice to see Rangers treating fans like criminals for the game in Manchester

GOAT

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for a lot of boys who follow the club in European games. I guess a lot of boys don't go hols, but travel away for the footie, only to b treated like a criminal. It now seems the common football fan is nor welcome anywhere these days on matchdays. In a couple of hotels in Glasgow recently, all fans wearing the club shirt were turned away, where previously nothing said.

I will never set foot in Manchester again for a football match.

If u r going down folks, I hope at least the team makes it worthwhile for all the hassle.

anyway. to all the fans that do have a ticket,enjoy theeself,s an show the prawn munchers what its like to support a REAL football club,oh an if you drive a AUDI ,i,m sure the manc,s will let you park in the AUDI car park (no honest it,s true) :uk:

This. (tu)

Two visits, two nasty encounters with coward scum police intent on hitting you with a club in response to an enquiry for directions.

I'll never go back to Manchester as long as I live. Its a fucking toilet anyway.

The Police I met during the day in the square during UEFA Cup Final couldn't have been any nicer to me, personally. Were more than happy to pose for pictures and tell me where to buy beer etc.

Maybe I've just had a good experience, beacuse I've seen videos of later on with riot police hitting people for no reason.

its a shame for the real fans who are bearing the brunt of the trouble from the last trip to manchester.

i can see rangers point of view as they are trying 2 keep fans safe, but they need 2 listen to fans opinions and respect them more.

lets hope that these plans are just a 1 off for european away matches, as i feel you should be able 2 have the choice of where, when and how you travel, what you want to do during match day etc. the transport rangers provide should only be an option, not a must.

its a shame for the real fans who are bearing the brunt of the trouble from the last trip to manchester.

i can see rangers point of view as they are trying 2 keep fans safe, but they need 2 listen to fans opinions and respect them more.

lets hope that these plans are just a 1 off for european away matches, as i feel you should be able 2 have the choice of where, when and how you travel, what you want to do during match day etc. the transport rangers provide should only be an option, not a must.

Good post. Welcome to the site, mate. (tu)

am going without a ticket.if a dont get in the ground a take it will be on a big screen and it better be fucking working :box:

You're retarded to think that there will be a screen showing it outside.

Good post mate, welcome to the site.

How about the fans stage a protest and tell them to fuck off and not travel then

I think a stand of some sort needs to be made with regards to the Thomas Crook situation for every away game.

I'd be against protesting about the club doing their best to uphold it's already decent reputation in Europe, and protecting it's fans, but the rip-off culture of Thomas Crook is an absolute disgrace, and I've a feeling money-making is behind these sort of security measures as well as the actual security, if not more than.

What would happen if nobody joined the Travel Club?

Who would the away team allocate the tickets to?

Would they be given to Rangers FC for distribution or would we apply directly to the clubs ourselves?

We get our tickets now directly from Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, etc. and soon to be Killie as these clubs are now making a stand against Rangers FC for the admin charges they apply for distributing our tickets.

I feel sorry for a lot of boys who follow the club in European games. I guess a lot of boys don't go hols, but travel away for the footie, only to b treated like a criminal. It now seems the common football fan is nor welcome anywhere these days on matchdays. In a couple of hotels in Glasgow recently, all fans wearing the club shirt were turned away, where previously nothing said.

If u r going down folks, I hope at least the team makes it worthwhile for all the hassle.

This is fair IMO - club shirts should never be allowed in hotels.

Can anyone tell me( this is a longshot) if they have any information on players actually getting to distribute tickets to friends and family etc

.............................and if they will be treated the same as all other fans and have to travel on the official club transport!

Thing I can't get my head around, they must know that anyone that was charged relating to what happened in Manchester last time, won't have a chance of getting a ticket. So they are worried about fans who didn't get caught up in any bother in Manchester last time. But then again this could be for our fans safety. So dunno.

GMP also said they are gonna put on MORE cops than there was last time. Fuckin' joke. There was hundreds of thousands last time. Now you'll have about 6/7k and they are putting on extra? Laughable. Cops will be filling their boots with their overtime.

I do feel for the lads who will go to every single away game in Europe and not get into a bother at all. Now this? Away trips and being in another city, just having a laugh, a few beers before the game and that is one of the most enjoyable parts of an away trip.

You can bet yer arse if any Man Utd fans start anything, we won't hear a peep about it, sweeped under the carpet or blamed on the big bad Rangers fans.

As some have already said, I won't set foot in Manchester again unless it is unavoidable.

I think a stand of some sort needs to be made with regards to the Thomas Crook situation for every away game.

I'd be against protesting about the club doing their best to uphold it's already decent reputation in Europe, and protecting it's fans, but the rip-off culture of Thomas Crook is an absolute disgrace, and I've a feeling money-making is behind these sort of security measures as well as the actual security, if not more than.

What would happen if nobody joined the Travel Club?

Who would the away team allocate the tickets to?

Would they be given to Rangers FC for distribution or would we apply directly to the clubs ourselves?

We get our tickets now directly from Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, etc. and soon to be Killie as these clubs are now making a stand against Rangers FC for the admin charges they apply for distributing our tickets.

This is one area the Assembly should be getting their teeth into, if they have any, that is. They seem to have won some concessions from the club for this trip, now is the time for them to ensure that this sort of debacle never happens again.

I wonder if Man Ure will be making similar arrangements for their travelling support?

Surely the Club and the Glasgow Police will be insisting on reciprocal measures so there's no bother caused in our city?

Kinda defeats the purpose if Rangers FC put these extra security measures in place to protect us and the Manchester public/property/etc. and then we have riots in Glasgow.

I wonder if Man Ure will be making similar arrangements for their travelling support?

Surely the Club and the Glasgow Police will be insisting on reciprocal measures so there's no bother caused in our city?

Kinda defeats the purpose if Rangers FC put these extra security measures in place to protect us and the Manchester public/property/etc. and then we have riots in Glasgow.

Cannae see Riots happening in Glasgow, Feyenoord tried to start a ruckas but with no reply!