Players that you don't understand

Gid

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

People saying Ibrahimovic might want to consider that no manager has failed to win the league with him in their squad in the last seven years. Maybe what they see in him is success and job security? ;)

Or maybe they would like to consider that when he was at Inter he flopped in the massive games(Champions League) and soon as he was sold they went on to win the tournament at the first attempt?

Zlatan has some talent but I do believe he is up there with the most overrated players off all time.

Gerrard.

Can't even remember the last time he did something useful for Liverpoo.

Gerrard is a good player, although I don't see the fuss over him. Certainly not world class in my eyes.

Sergio Busquets

Seriously?

For me the current best defensive minded midfielder in the world. Been brilliant for both Barcelona and Spain, would not change him for any other DM.

Cafu.

Daniele de Rossi

I agreed with your other choices but Cafu is one of the greatest full backs ever to play football in my eyes, world class right back.

I like De Rossi alot, him and Totti are two players who should have been at the very top clubs. Could still happen for De Rossi.

I could quote most people's choices in here and would agree with most off them especially the Zlatan, Richards, Lafferty, Joe Cole, Lucas, Diarra, Barry,SWP, Hibbert, Johnson, Ramires and Mikel shouts.

Other players would be Gago, Whittaker, Gordon, Walcott, Nasri(started to play a bit better this season) Van Persie, Terry, Fletcher, Huddlestone, Lennon and Crouch.

I supoose some of them would be more suited to overrated than anything especially Nasri.

Or maybe they would like to consider that when he was at Inter he flopped in the massive games(Champions League) and soon as he was sold they went on to win the tournament at the first attempt?

Zlatan has some talent but I do believe he is up there with the most overrated players off all time.

Zlatan has a perfectly decent goalscoring record in Europe outside of his Inter stint, where he was at a notoriously defensive club. He also did very well in the 2007/08 CL campaign. Regardless, since he left he has been in fine form and my point stills stands. He is currently on course to take his 8th consecutive winners medal with four different clubs. How many players can claim that? I'd wager none.

The likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid and Inter just the other day have found the old lie "Zlatan doesn't turn up in the big games" scant comfort when he was absolutely dicking them.

I've often wondered why everyone loved Matt Le Tissier for being a lazy cunt but nobody likes Ibrahimovic. It's not his fault clubs pay big money for him.

Zlatan has a perfectly decent goalscoring record in Europe outside of his Inter stint, where he was at a notoriously defensive club.

23 goals in 78 appearances(champions League) is pretty average for a so called world class striker especially when you look at the clubs he has been at Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barca and Milan.

The below link is from a lame site but it gives clear evidence on Zlatan being a massive flop on the big stage.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2010/04/29/1900506/cl-comment-its-official-barcelonas-zlatan-ibrahimovic-is-a

He also did very well in the 2007/08 CL campaign. Regardless, since he left he has been in fine form and my point stills stands. He is currently on course to take his 8th consecutive winners medal with four different clubs. How many players can claim that? I'd wager none.

When it came to the big games against Liverpool in the last 16 he flopped again that season. I can't remember how many chances he blew at Anfield alone.

He did get 5 goals that season in 7 games but only managed to score in three games, doubles at home to PSV and CSKA Moscow and a goal against Fenerbache.

For the wages, transfer fees and appreciation of being a top player scoring at home in three games is not good enough especially compared to the goals Eto'o or Milito score.

Are you forgetting Juventus were stripped of those two title wins for cheating? So does it even count as a record? Doubt it.

Like I said in another thread using winning medals is a pretty poor basis on a player because anyone who watched Serie A will know Inter have walked the league for years and would do so without Zlatan. In fact they done much better the first season without him by winning everything.

It's like saying Fletcher is up there with Ronaldo as they have the same amount of CL medals.

The likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid and Inter just the other day have found the old lie "Zlatan doesn't turn up in the big games" scant comfort when he was absolutely dicking them.

He flopped three times against Inter last season and was subbed 60 minutes in during the semi final matches. Why did you fail to mention that?

Scoring a couple of goals against an Arsenal team who regularly get beaten by the bigger teams such as United/Chelsea will not change the fact that Ibra does not do it enough in the big games.

He dicked Real Madrid? So playing 30 minutes and scoring a goal means he run riot?

Too many flaws in the Zlatan camp arguments as there is no doubt he has failed to deliver in majority of the big games he has played in.

23 goals in 78 appearances(champions League) is pretty average for a so called world class striker especially when you look at the clubs he has been at Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barca and Milan.

Not going to mention the 46 assists that actually makes his overall contributions stand at more than a goal per game?

I'll read your link when I'm done watching River Plate v Boca. You're still wrong (tu)

As for Juve's titles being stripped, that makes no difference. My point is that no club has failed to win the league with Zlatan in the team for over seven seasons. He has helped two different teams to register 97 points on the table in one season. And that, among other things, is what managers see in him. Thread answered.

Not going to mention the 46 assists that actually makes his overall contributions stand at more than a goal per game?

I'm not even going to go any further than this but you need to stop using wiki mate.

Add up the assists on wiki and it actually comes to 13(CL, 23 - 10) which is wrong anyway as they state he has 1 assist this season. You can go to his profile page on uefa.com official site that says he has 0.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=11001&cc=5739

Better using that site as that is actually a more accurate official site and it shows Zlatan has 5 assists in his CL games.

I'm not even going to go any further than this but you need to stop using wiki mate.

Add up the assists on wiki and it actually comes to 13(CL, 23 - 10) which is wrong anyway as they state he has 1 assist this season. You can go to his profile page on uefa.com official site that says he has 0.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=11001&cc=5739

Better using that site as that is actually a more accurate official site and it shows Zlatan has 5 assists in his CL games.

Alright, you caught me. Your link doesn't work by the way.

Emile Heskey, I'll never get it. Even more baffling is a manager of Fabio Capellos standing using him so often and then trying to coax him out of international retirement. A quick tip Fabio, Crouch is better in the air and his arse doesn't collapse everytime he enters the 18 yard box.....

I have never witnessed Ribery have a good game. Never.

The only time I thought he played well was when France beat England 1-0 in a friendly a couple years back.

I am trying to think of any other player who is so highly rated that fails to perform consistently as much as Ribery. I just can't!!

The only time I thought he played well was when France beat England 1-0 in a friendly a couple years back.

I am trying to think of any other player who is so highly rated that fails to perform consistently as much as Ribery. I just can't!!

I don't exactly watch him on a weekly basis but i'd estimate that i've watched him play 10 times for France or Bayern Munich and he has been pish in every single one of those games