Ricky Foster: "I'll have to hit the ground running"

New Ranger Ricky Foster tonight interviewed for the official Rangers website confirmed that he knows how much of a challenge moving to Rangers is going to be and that he is under no illusions that he'll have to fight for his place in the team.

"This is a really good opportunity for me. I am under no illusions that I am going to walk into the team but I will work really hard to try to get there and if I do it will be a great personal achievement.

"So I have to hit the ground running and show what I can do in training and try to get into the manager's plans as early as I can. If you look at the Rangers team it's going to be difficult for me to break in. Hopefully my pace can be an asset in either of the full back positions or further forward."

View the full article

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't belive people are happy with this. fucking ricky foster! and he's only on loan. wtf. whats happening to our fans aswell. :angry:

Mate your right, this signing sums up Rangers for me now and the fans, happy to put up with any shite, to scared to saying anything about anything.

IN: An experienced (SPL level) versatile player who will fill in just about anywhere when the inevitable injury comes a long and should do a competent enough job.

OUT: A 31 year old striker who won't feature and is still recovering from a serious anterior cruciate ligament knee injury - chances are he won't capture his best form again.

Would it have been nice to sign a player who'll command a 1st team spot? Yes it would have been but we're not exactly rolling in it.

Mate your right, this signing sums up Rangers for me now and the fans, happy to put up with any shite, to scared to saying anything about anything.

SO Weiss, Jelavic & Beattie are shite ???

What happened to quality over quantity? Foster is a player who may actually contribute to the club, Velicka was a player who would contribute nothing to the club except drain it of funds which could go to a player who may do something i.e Foster.

I would rather have a player who may actually play, or provide decent cover for a position where we are weak, than a player who will get skelfs from sitting in the stands (not even on the bench !!)

don't belive people are happy with this. fucking ricky foster! and he's only on loan. wtf. whats happening to our fans aswell. :angry:

We're just accepting it cos it's not as bad a deal as some doom merchents are making out.

Foster will be more usefull than velicka, who's injury prone, plays in a position where we are strong, and never made a real impression here and is also coming back from a hellish injury, Foster is hardly Maicon but it's not that bad a deal

Good luck too him

give the guy a chance fucksake. a month or so a go we were selling all our players and worrying if boogie,miller,davis etc would leave. look where we,re at now. signed beattie,jelavic and loan deals for weiss,foster, no bad business for a club going into administration(according to the T*rrier media).

C'mon GFG you must be looking for a reaction here.he's not marquee but we got Jelavic,Beattie(ex England cap)

and Weiss who even your scout Stevie Wonder can tell is a class act.

He's in for cover in all defensive positions and maybe left mid,i expect a European run so it will be all hands on decks and I'm sure he will play a part.