United Fan in Peace

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate

Sweeping generalisations and all that

Rangers get undeserved bad press as well which is well out of order

The way your club and Supporters support the British way of life is commendable I love how patriotic you are and you should get more credit for it ( Put a lot of the English to shame by the way)

Rule Brittania

we do get our fans that aren't patriotic at all and couldn't give a fuck about scotland

Welcome matey, glad not all mancs have a poor opinion of us (tu)

will Weiss get a 'reception' at OT or will it not really bother u lot that much, also what is the general feeling about this boys future down your way? When I say future I mean ability wise mate

Eh? Even Alex Ferguson said a massive connection with Ireland, probably closest after Celtic. Man Utd were almost originally named 'Manchester Celtic' ffs.

Not got a clue what the first part of your setance means... but what has Alex Ferguson got to do with Man U over 100 years ago?

Love Glazers Hate United. Hahahaha.

Nah just having a laugh. I used to like City but I can't stand them now since they have money, their fans have turned into right arrogant cunts.

Some of my favourite ever players have played for United though: Robson, Whiteside, Blanc, Sheringham, Scholes, Poborsky, and weirdly enough Roy Keane. Not to mention legends before my time Georgie Best, Charlton, Law and Stiles. Quite like the NIR boys at the moment too, the Evans brothers and Oliver Norwood looks a cracking prospect.

Welcome to the site mate. Although I do hope your from Manchester, or at least Oldham and not Hackney!

My cousin is a bit of a Cockney Red so god I hope we beat you guys this time around, 03 was insufferable haha.

cannae believe you dont need your tin hat on!! :lol:

Welcome matey, glad not all mancs have a poor opinion of us (tu)

will Weiss get a 'reception' at OT or will it not really bother u lot that much, also what is the general feeling about this boys future down your way? When I say future I mean ability wise mate

Hes on loan isnt he

He will get the odd boo for being City but nothing special

Havent seen a lot of him to be honest hes only young though so still developing

Could be a jem for the Gers though

Welcome to the site mate, best of luck for the upcoming season. I always watch Manchester United if they are on TV, a very entertaining team to watch. Not that I enjoy seeing them win though.

Good luck for the group stages as well but I can see you struggling at Ibrox.

Eh? Even Alex Ferguson said Man Utd have a massive connection with Ireland, probably closest after Celtic. Man Utd were almost originally named 'Manchester Celtic' ffs.

Welcome anyway...

Evening mate

Course we do United have a big connection with both Ireland and Scotland.

I have quite a few Irish and Scottish mates ( All British and proud of it) what I do have a problem with are sections of Celtics support ( IRA loving scum) as I am British to the core. Thats why I like Rangers

Anyway

Manchester United was formed in 1878 as Newton Heath ( played in Green and Gold thats were the recent Green and Gold anti Glazer campaign comes from)

In 1901 - 1902 following the reorganisation of the Club many called for a name change. Manchester Central was suggested, but it was decided that it sounded too much like a railway station, also suggested and rejected was Manchester Celtic, then a Mr Louis Rocca hit upon the name Manchester United. The name had been suggested before but had not met much support, but this time it stuck and on Saturday 26th April 1902 Newton Heath became Manchester United :uk: