This European Tick P*sh!

OrangeBurn

I might be alone on this one, I hate the fact that not just any bear has a chance of a ticket for the Game at Old Trafford.

I don't mean they should give us all the seats, I mean it should be based on first come first serve. Phone up the ticket office etc.

I hate the fact you have to be a member of the TC in order to be eligible to get a ticket. I think tickets should be given to those phone bother there arse to phone up as soon as they go on sale.

Means those who aren't part of a Travel Club can't get a ticket. I think it's wrong.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be alone on this one, but I hate the fact that any bear who wants to go to Manchester can't get a ticket.

I don't mean they should give us all the seats, I mean it should be based on first come first serve. Phone up the ticket office etc.

I hate the fact you have to be a member of the TC in order to be eligible to get a ticket. I think tickets should be given to those phone bother there arse to phone up as soon as they go on sale.

Means those who aren't part of a Travel Club can't get a ticket. I think it's wrong.

Hows it wrong? so all the lads who have been to shit holes like Kaunus, Bucharest, Seville etc following Rangers should miss out beacuse more people want to go with it being a glamour tie closer to home?

It's the luck of the draw.

If it means that much to you mate, join the travel club next year. It's only £8. You are under no obligation to go anywhere you don't want to go and the next time an Old Trafford like fixture comes around, you have a great chance of a ticket !

No I don't just mean for this tie only. I mean for every away game. Surely it would be much easier just first come first serve?

Bears who have never been to a European game away, it just seems unfair for them.

I don't grudge paying £8 to join in saying that. I know some people who don't know anything about Travel Clubs and would love to get to a European away tie.

I guess even if you did, it's the luck of the draw.

No I don't just mean for this tie only. I mean for every away game. Surely it would be much easier just first come first serve?

Bears who have never been to a European game away, it just seems unfair for them.

I don't grudge paying £8 to join in saying that. I know some people who don't know anything about Travel Clubs and would love to get to a European away tie.

Nah. No chance. It's a slap in the face to the loyal bears who go EVERYWHERE, not just the odd glamour tie they might fancy.

One thing about these trips, you always have a beer with the same people and see the same faces. Without fail.

I feel sorry for Rangers fan that wants to go, but cant - be it no ticket or other reasons but the fact of the matter is that the Travel Club members get rightful priority as a reward for spending those extra thousands on top of thier season books following the team across Europe.

I still don't know if your fishing, btw.

Disagree, Old Trafford, if it was open to anyone, not only would you hazard a guess that most people who go to ibrox every week would want to go to this game, but people who dont go to ibrox every week would want a ticket, the TO would be flooded with calls... instead they have a logical system set up where, if you genuinely want to apply for european games, you can

So years of travelling anywhere and everywhere to follow Rangers shouldn't apply because you want to go to this glamour away game ? Gies peace.

It works on a point system for a reason, so that the bears that travel frequently and deserve tickets have priority.

There is nothing to know, anyway its well explained on the official site. All you got to do is tick one box on your renewal form. I was on 0 points last year and got a ticket for stuttgart and sevilla no problem. I am glad that for once loyalty counts for something.

simples

There is nothing to know, anyway its well explained on the official site. All you got to do is tick one box on your renewal form. I was on 0 points last year and got a ticket for stuttgart and sevilla no problem. I am glad that for once loyalty counts for something.

simples

Aye exactly.

Even if you pay your £8 and join, but don't fancy any games 0 points still gets your to big games. Barcelona and UEFA Cup final spring to mind. 0 points = ticket.

So years of travelling anywhere and everywhere to follow Rangers shouldn't apply because you want to go to this glamour away game ? Gies peace.

It works on a point system for a reason, so that the bears that travel frequently and deserve tickets have priority.

Those who can pick up the phone quicker should get them instead. :rolleyes:

I might be alone on this one, I hate the fact that not just any bear has a chance of a ticket for the Game at Old Trafford.

Nothing doing here mate - try further down the river.

Those who travel everywhere to see the Bears shouldn't be denied a ticket because of an influx of people who want to go to one away game every 10 years.

Totally agree. Someone above in this thread also had a good point when he said “if you want a ticket bad enough you’ll get one” That is also true.

Surely you can't be serious with this one mate?

You have guys on this board that were in Montenegro, Belgrade, Lyon, Stuttgart, Barcelona, Panathanaikos, Bremen, Lisbon, Fiorentina and Manchester in under a season following Rangers. Yet the lads that phone the quickest and get there name down earliest should be rewarded with a ticket?

If its fastest finger first your looking for mate, try out Who Wants To Be A Millionaire !