Non-Glasgow Bears

bluenose4life

You could be from, as you said, miles away.

Like what about the lads from Austrailia etc?

my post was refering to uk based fans.obviously those from the far off lands would have great problems attending however i think you would be surprised how many have made the effort to arrange thier holidays to coincide with a game included in the itineray

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of us support who our Fathers supported. Nothing to do with glory hunting.

(tu)

If I was born in Glasgow I would have supported the Rangers. I wasn't, but I support them. I could have been born in Sydney, Toulouse, Morocco or Moscow and I'd still have supported the Rangers. Geography has nothing to do with it.

takes me 5 hours on a mini bus and 6 hours on a 52 seater to come up every other week if i lived down london or south of id still do it my dads from up there and moved down here for the coal mines in the late 70s he started taking me and ive followed on. UP THE RANGERS.

I was born practically on the door step of ibrox and support the team my father supports and the team his father before him supported. I now live in Manchester and travel a long way every match day so if that's a glory hunter then yes I'm guilty of it

I live halfway between Inverness and Wick.

I got my first ST this year.

That means 5-6 hours on a supporters bus every second weekend, and then another 5-6 hours back up. As I'm still in school I can only get a part time job, and 60-70% wage spent on supporting Rangers. My dad and his dad are both fans as well, and I was going to be a Rangers fan since before I was born.

I don't really understand how someone that lives 10 minutes away from the ground, think they have the divine right to judge fellow bears on their location. A lot of the time, these fans put a lot more money, time, passion and love into the club than their more geologically fortunate counterparts.

rfc_watp : I don't mean to sound so harsh, and I'm sure you aren't quite as bad as I seem to be making out. However, I'm sure there are a few fans down Glasgow way that do fit into this bracket. Maybe just try to acknowledge the effort some fans put in for the same thing that you can take for granted.

/rant

It honestly is the stupidest thing in the world to resent any fan for supporting Rangers just because they wanted to support one of the two top teams in Scotland.

Mainly 2 reasons... where would we be without the income of bears outwith glasgow? Why would someone from Fort William forinstance want to go see terrible football everyweek instead of going to see some actually decent players?

Glory hunting isnt necessarily a bad thing, some people just dont want to walk away from a ground every day on the end of a hiding from some crap team.

Noone choses where they are born, what gives someone from Glasgow a better right to support Rangers than someone from John'o'Groats?

(tu)

If I was born in Glasgow I would have supported the Rangers. I wasn't, but I support them. I could have been born in Sydney, Toulouse, Morocco or Moscow and I'd still have supported the Rangers. Geography has nothing to do with it.

Exactly. Nothing to do with outside influences at all. Most of us support who our Father supported before we even knew what a Protestant was.

100% agree with the whole geographic thing although Dundee isnt that far away from Glasgow the reason i dont get to many games is the cost :( I spend around £50 when i go to Ibrox and thats not including the £10 ive already paid for the ticket and without a job thats alot of money. The people who live minutes away from Ibrox and complain that people dont go to games is so annoying, they could be home eating there tea by the time we have even left glasgow :(:lol: All you need to do is look around Ibrox on a match day and look at the supporters clubs banners to show alot of people arent from Glasgow and some people have the cheek to call them glory hunters :anguish: Sorry for the lack of punctuation im lying down and typeing with one hand :D

100% agree with the whole geographic thing although Dundee isnt that far away from Glasgow the reason i dont get to many games is the cost :( I spend around £50 when i go to Ibrox and thats not including the £10 ive already paid for the ticket and without a job thats alot of money. The people who live minutes away from Ibrox and complain that people dont go to games is so annoying, they could be home eating there tea by the time we have even left glasgow :(:lol: All you need to do is look around Ibrox on a match day and look at the supporters clubs banners to show alot of people arent from Glasgow and some people have the cheek to call them glory hunters :anguish:Sorry for the lack of punctuation im lying down and typeing with one hand :D

you say that like your proud hmmm :wanker: ? hahaha

Glory Hunters?

At the recent festival of football in Sydney, we had Rangers fans travel from South Africa, Papua new Guinea, New Zealand, Scotland, England, Ireland, Canada, America, Thailand, Singapore...We had fans fly 4 hours in a fucking Jumbo jet from West Australia, Queensland and drive from all over Australia to see a FRIENDLY!

If that's being a glory hunter, I'm one of them. :craphead:

Well I think you picked the wrong definition of Glory Hunter - you obviously aint one - a glory hunter is

- one who says they are a 'fan' but only come for cup finals or potential league winning games (and moan when they struggle to get tickets)

- leave early when we are being beat

- Say they are not coming back until we are winning/ buying better players etc. etc.

It honestly is the stupidest thing in the world to resent any fan for supporting Rangers just because they wanted to support one of the two top teams in Scotland.

Mainly 2 reasons... where would we be without the income of bears outwith glasgow? Why would someone from Fort William forinstance want to go see terrible football everyweek instead of going to see some actually decent players?

Glory hunting isnt necessarily a bad thing, some people just dont want to walk away from a ground every day on the end of a hiding from some crap team.

Noone choses where they are born, what gives someone from Glasgow a better right to support Rangers than someone from John'o'Groats?

First sensible thing you've ever posted, keep it up. (tu)

Well I think you picked the wrong definition of Glory Hunter - you obviously aint one - a glory hunter is

- one who says they are a 'fan' but only come for cup finals or potential league winning games (and moan when they struggle to get tickets)

- Say they are not coming back until we are winning/ buying better players etc. etc.

Do you not mean the ones that came back on board when Souness came to the club, when us other fans were lighting fires on the terraces to keep warm, as there was that much space.

I live halfway between Inverness and Wick.

I got my first ST this year.

That means 5-6 hours on a supporters bus every second weekend, and then another 5-6 hours back up. As I'm still in school I can only get a part time job, and 60-70% wage spent on supporting Rangers. My dad and his dad are both fans as well, and I was going to be a Rangers fan since before I was born.

I don't really understand how someone that lives 10 minutes away from the ground, think they have the divine right to judge fellow bears on their location. A lot of the time, these fans put a lot more money, time, passion and love into the club than their more geologically fortunate counterparts.

rfc_watp : I don't mean to sound so harsh, and I'm sure you aren't quite as bad as I seem to be making out. However, I'm sure there are a few fans down Glasgow way that do fit into this bracket. Maybe just try to acknowledge the effort some fans put in for the same thing that you can take for granted.

/rant

(tu):pipe:

Hmmm, strange definitions. I'd agree with you on your third definition, the other two are questionable at best.

1 - I call myself a Rangers fan, but I can only make a few games each season because of geography, work and family. Given that, I have three choices: Go to games which coincide with when I'm down in central Scotland anyway - which I would always try to do; Go to away games which mean less time away from home and family - which tickets are harder to come by for; Choose the games I specifically travel down for.

The first two I would do anyway, the third - what do you expect me to do? If there are tickets available, I'm going to want to see bigger games rather than Rangers v Hamilton on a windy Wednesday night. Does that make me a glory hunter? I don't think so, it makes me a supporter who wants to make the most of the few games he can attend.

2 - I agree about people leaving early whether we are or are not getting beat, I really don't like it. It's up to them what they do as they've bought their ticket, but I hate seeing Ibrox emptying, even when we're not losing. I don't think this has any place in the definition of a glory-hunter though.

Just thinking after reading some posts, are you only a Rangers fan if you attend the games. That would mean we only have a fan base of 50,000 fans, when everyone knows we have millions of fans all over the world. Also some fans now cant afford to go the games, while others suffer from ill health and cant attend, plus some fans look after their loved ones that are also ill.

Just thinking after reading some posts, are you only a Rangers fan if you attend the games. That would mean we only have a fan base of 50,000 fans, when everyone knows we have millions of fans all over the world. Also some fans now cant afford to go the games, while others suffer from ill health and cant attend, plus some fans look after their loved ones that are also ill.

.......and don't forget us glory hunters too minst.

We are not called glasgow rangers arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you've been watching too much archie mcpherson! offttttt :craphead:

Without out brethren throughout the country and the world we would just be another average club like hearts/hibs. Its our fans that make us what we are, a great club.

I cant attend many games anymore due to my location and being a poor student but I've put the years in, both home and away, even when I was living abroad I sometimes had to travel 45 minutes on a train at 6 in the morning just to watch the games on the telly.

I think I read on here before that you dont go to games anymore (I'm pretty sure it was you, anyway) because of personal reasons but that doesn't make you any less of a supporter than someone with a Season ticket.