***The Official Hamilton v the Champions Thread***

Muff

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't make it throught to Hamilton today, and I'm quite glad.

Great that we picked up the three points but the performance was yet agan, horrific. Dull, one paced, lacking creativity, organistation, width and pace. Don't know why you'd go into a sticky game with your top scorer and only winger, on the bench <cr>

Beattie looks like he's swallowed a couch, Lafferty, bar that run for the cross is simply not good enough, Edu looks lost, Davis hasn't kicked a ball all season and the defence is all over the place.

Thank fcuk for Kenny Miller.

foster looked chuffed to bits when he came on :lol:and very nervous to start with but i think he settled towards the end.

miller really needs to be tied up again showing how important he is to us.

Thought he recovered well from his early mistake

he also had to contend with a very erratic performance from boogie.

I couldn't make it throught to Hamilton today, and I'm quite glad.

Great that we picked up the three points but the performance was yet agan, horrific. Dull, one paced, lacking creativity, organistation, width and pace. Don't know why you'd go into a sticky game with your top scorer and only winger, on the bench <cr>

Beattie looks like he's swallowed a couch, Lafferty, bar that run for the cross is simply not good enough, Edu looks lost, Davis hasn't kicked a ball all season and the defence is all over the place.

Thank fcuk for Kenny Miller.

Not often i agree with every word you say muff but this time.....

ricky foster came on at a time when rangers were under pressure from hamilton, nobody in the team was playing well at this point, it is his only his first game, we all know that playing for the mighty glasgow rangers brings a lot of pressure, anyway lets put this behind us and move on :happy:

Agree, he looked well pleased after miller's goal too. He'll come good - can't be an easy thing ascending to Heaven after playing in the fiery pit (-todrie).

(tu) He was bound to be nervous, especially when it was a shock transfer that we weren't exactly thrilled with. He seemed to settle, and his pace at the back will help us in the SPL.

Three points in the bag but what a poor disply.

Questions:

Is Davis better on the RW?

Yes. Has a tendency to have spells in a game where he is completely anonymous, you can afford to do this out wide but not so much when you play in the middle of the park

Why when we are creating nothing is Weiss left on the bench?

Someone mentioned a quote from Craig Levein along the lines of creativity being a gamble and seems Smith feels the same way

Our defence and midfield looked so poor today - too many off form at the one time - why?

Bougherra looking unfit/disinterested, Weir looking like time has caught up with him, has our midfield ever really been on from the past couple of seasons? Its chopped and changed with players being shoehorned into positions that they shouldnt be playing in

Naismith and Lafferty are headless chickens although Lafferty did brillantly for the first goal. Why are they so helter skelter all the time?

Lack of technical ability and neither are natural wide midfielders

Did Foster improve as the game went on or is he a fud?

He couldnt have gotten any worse after his start! Looks well below the required level though

Will Beattie ever make it at Rangers?

reminds me of the likes of Ian Wright coming up here thinking it would be easy. Looks unfit and should be nothing more than a squad player

How many will MU score against us on this level of performance?

A comfortable 3 nil win

We lack pace in defence and midfield (Weiss out?) how can we overcome this?

We cant

Miller must be given a real good offer as he is in superb form - will he get it?

No. With the from he's in he holds all the cards and can pretty muchy name his price or hold off til at least January

that was truely brutal to watch

was like watching Scotland all over again!

Bougherra looked lost, Weir looked tired, Edu couldnt pass the length of himself, Lafferty was decent for a combinded total of 8 minutes, Davis hasnt been anywhere near the player of last year.

The decision to keep Weiss on the bench was laughable, the McCulloch for Beattie substitution was strange, we were crying out for a goal and we bring on a defensive midfielder for a forward. I have nothing against McCulloch, IMO he should have started but that game cried out for a winger. Naismith isnt a winger, Lafferty isnt a winger

its been fustrating to watch Rangers this season so far with the exception of the 2nd half v Hibs, yes we continue to win but fuck me we are being made to work hard for it

Fucking shocking performance.

We had one eye on the Man Utd game.

That game to me shows how vital McCulloch is to our midfield, Edu and Davis were really poor and we need him to make our midfield tick.

Lafferty had a good start to the game but just drifted out the game, done nothing wrong tho and I can only credit him for the first goal.

Big Jelavic looked good the entire game but should have finished the chance in the second half.

Foster looked good apart from that mistake and looked a lot better than Broadfoot.

Naismith was poor today I thought.

Need to improve big time and Davis needs to improve big time, our midfield was dominated from Hamilton's midfield until McCulloch came on and that's pretty embarrassing.

Big improvement for Old Trafford is needed.