• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KDS is beeling

To: georgewpeat@aol.com

CC: campbell.ogilvie@scottishfa.co.uk, Darryl.Broadfoot@scottishfa.co.uk

Mr Peat

I noted with interest your condemnation of the Scotland support in our recent game against Liechtenstein, although I didn’t agree with it I welcomed you taking on what was considered ‘disrespectful’ fan behaviour.

To quote:

“I was embarrassed and extremely disappointed by the disgraceful behaviour of some of our supporters during the Liechtenstein national anthem at Hampden Park last night.”

Today I watched the first ten minutes of the Hamilton v Rangers game, a thing I rarely do as I’m fan of football and not a fan of listening to racist, bigoted songs of hate, however I gave it a try to see how my local team were playing.

In that ten minutes I heard loud and clear the majority of the Rangers support sing the song that UEFA deemed sectarian and offensive enough to request Rangers to publically announce. The ‘billy boys’ song that you will no doubt be very familiar with. From what I read Rangers were later fined for their support singing the same at European games. The fact it took an organization from outside Scotland to come out and take action against the song is another argument for another day, however this song has rarely been out of the Rangers song book and is heard loud and clear by the majority of their support on a weekly basis. It seems to have re-appeared on a more frequent basis lately judging by what I hear on the radio.

They also sang a song you will be very familiar with the disrespectful one about Scottish football Legend and a man born and brought up within a mile of New Douglas Park, Jock Stein. Again by TV footage it was clear this was not sung by the often trumpeted ‘minority of Rangers supporters’ it was the majority yet again. For me this sing is one of their vilest and to sing it the day after the 25th anniversary of a man who died while putting our country before his own health is just sick and far more disrespectful than what went on in Hampden on Tuesday night.

Given your fast reaction to condemn the Scotland support for booing an anthem which had the same tune as the one which includes the line “Rebellious Scots to crush.” I look forward to your public condemnation of the behaviour of the majority of Rangers supporters this week.

As the head of Scottish Football, I fully expect you to take these people on and try your very best to clean up this bile from Scottish football.

Yours in Football.

EN

that wasnt the thoughts of some tho,those who said am giving my st up and never coming back til miller leaves will be kicking themselfs now eh :sherlock:

have to agree with you mate, the number of 'loyal' supporters who said they were giving their season ticket up, not going to games etc etc etc will be kicking themselves now, especially if they did give up their season ticket and couldnt get it back doh

awk well lads, onwards and down-wards to manchester now :beer1:

news: sir alex ferguson confirms wayne rooney will be available to face rangers on tuesday.

we got the 3 points thats what matters most. however performances so far this season apart from the last half hour against hibs have been terrible, we have to up our game big time if we're gonnae win the league never mind perform in the champions league. boogie and davis havent been up to their best but who else has apart from miller and maybe shagger and mcculloch. KEEP BELIEVING :sherlock:

Three points in the bag but what a poor disply.

Questions:

Is Davis better on the RW?

Why when we are creating nothing is Weiss left on the bench?

Our defence and midfield looked so poor today - too many off form at the one time - why?

Naismith and Lafferty are headless chickens although Lafferty did brillantly for the first goal. Why are they so helter skelter all the time?

Did Foster improve as the game went on or is he a fud?

Will Beattie ever make it at Rangers?

How many will MU score against us on this level of performance?

We lack pace in defence and midfield (Weiss out?) how can we overcome this?

Miller must be given a real good offer as he is in superb form - will he get it?