***The Official Hamilton v the Champions Thread***

Muff

Just home how did we play today ? anyone got a link to the goals ? :D

cant find any links yet, we were garbage, first goal was good, lafferty beat couple of guys(believe it or not) crossed for jelavic and header goal, and miller lobbed keeper in 90th, need better on tuesday thou :uk:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back in from the game and it was absolutely brutal, the atmosphere was on a par with the game bar the last few minutes. I don't know if it's just a sluggish start to the season or whats going on, but we simply aren't good enough at the moment.

The defence is shakier than it has been for a good 3 seasons, and our midfield (today) were non existent. Really big changes I think need to be made. I dont know what to think of Edu, he's a very athletic footballer and extremely fit but doesn't have that natural bite in his game, today he just didn't know what he was doing, just looked lost. I definetly prefer Lee as the defensive midfielder.

Jelavic looked good, should of taken that chance in the second half but looked very good at holding up the ball and it was a tidy wee finish for the first. Can see a nice partnership forming with Miller there. Beattie looks like wet cement and needs to lose the pounds quickly.

Naismith looked tired today after a good start in the first few games, we just need to find his best position. Lafferty did well for the first goal, but was totally non-existent afterwords, was trying so hard to impress real shame for the guy but it looks like it just won't work for him here.

I honestly would like to see this midfield in the next SPL game.

:weiss:

:Naismith: :mcculloch: :davis:

I know ill get pelters but Davis, right now, isn't having his best patch and we can't have him in the middle when he's not playing that well. It would move into a bit of a more diamond formation with Naismith pushing up and Lee sitting back, but I think it's worth a try and can't be worse than what it was today.

Im not saying that's what I'd like to see every week in midfield, but can it honestly be any worse?

don't why weiss didn't start never mind get on at all! foster was quite good apart from tht mistake at the start IMO, jelavic looked good got his goal but should have had another

miller saved our ass again and McGregor was brilliant and kept us in it

Got out of jail there!

I hope Walter learns a lesson from this and doesn't rest players for the Champions League.

With Davis far from in form we don't have any creativity and Weiss had to play. We just had no ideas today. I couldn't believe that, chasing the game, we brought on Lee McCulloch and not Weiss or Miller. But credit to the Management, it was McCulloch who showed the type of grit and determination we were missing in the middle of the park by winning the ball and playing a great pass to Miller. Both players are playing well and should have started in my opinion.

A shaky defence and a midfield a junior side could drive through at times. Two areas that are a real concern for me. Weir and Papac have been terrible all season, Davis and Edu haven't kicked a ball.

Our options in defence are poor. An injury or suspension and we are struggling. Broadfoot and Foster aint good enough and Weir is finished.