Archie's take on the UEFA situation

Thermopylae

He said on Radio Clyde (just before 6:30 in case he tries to deny it) that he believes it was a senior official in the hierarchy of Scottish football who dropped us in it, since the UEFA people wouldn't have known what we were singing.

Not to mention the very suspicious circumstances of the incident.

Talksport radio backed Rangers last night, saying that it would be " ridiculous " if Gers are thrown out of Europe.

Perhaps UEFA should remember that the cup final is at Hampden park. What a time and place for a protest should they take unfair action againt us. :rolleyes:

He said on Radio Clyde (just before 6:30 in case he tries to deny it) that he believes it was a senior official in the hierarchy of Scottish football who dropped us in it, since the UEFA people wouldn't have known what we were singing.

The Uefa people wouldn't have known that 'FTP and your IRA' was bad?

I don't buy that one for a second!

He has now said that when the press bus was amongst the tims in Milan something was thrown at it with sufficient force that it could have broken a window (strange it’s taken you so long to mention it Archie :angry2: )

I missed the Talk Spot one, thanks for the information.

The Uefa people wouldn't have known that 'FTP and your IRA' was bad?

I don't buy that one for a second!

To be honest since Kapl is Austrian it could just as easily have been the Dambusters and The Great Escape that annoyed him

Same time Hugh Keevins made the denial that he and fellow Scottish Journalists were in contact with UEFA complaining about us!! Ok Hugh we believe u :rolleyes:

I sincerely believe vthat it had to be someone from Scotland that gave UEFA evidence along with the idiot that posted the video on U Tube.

You probably won't have seen the BBC news over there but they showed our Osasuna UTube footage and didn't show septic's Milan one, despite many of us mailing them the URL. That is where the bias comes in and that is where the agenda is set.

Not to mention the very suspicious circumstances of the incident.

Talksport radio backed Rangers last night, saying that it would be " ridiculous " if Gers are thrown out of Europe.

Perhaps UEFA should remember that the cup final is at Hampden park. What a time and place for a protest should they take unfair action againt us. :rolleyes:

Good point!!!!!!

Wonder if the Police would try and come up with some reason to get it cancelled?

How does it work again, if you're a Celtic fans? Wait til something (like an Orange March or a Rally at Hampden) and organise a counter Rally, which gives the Police the excuse of the old "For the Publics Safety" routine!

Sir Humphrey Appleby would be proud of that one (tu) .

It really is quite an accusation from someone with as much experience as Archie to say that a senior figure inside Scottish football is plotting against our biggest club. Having said that it shows how ineffectual the mhedia are in this country that no one can give us a name … Woodward and Bernstein's mantle is quite safe with such mediocrity on the scene.

Guest orangpendek

fair's fair tho, archie's 'action replays' (remaindered at £1 in bargain books circa 1990, now long out of print) is the funniest and best book on scottish football i've read.

the name i heard was david taylor. :rolleyes:

I would not be in the least bit surprised Minstral.

He is still smarting over the way he was made to look a fool when we recruited Walter from the SFA.

The fact that he has also landed a plum job with UEFA may not bode well for our club.