Boyd and Miller

polar bear

If Boyd and Miller struck up a great partenership over the next few Scotland games,should we consider bringing him back to Ibrox? :unsure:

Nah, Miller is hard working, but he's a heidless chicken! (harhar)

Like Nacho?

If Boyd and Miller struck up a great partenership over the next few Scotland games,should we consider bringing him back to Ibrox? :unsure:

Nope. He wasn't good enough before and he isn't now.

(tu)

Scotland gets the best from him. Let's leave it at that.

Silly comment of the day award goes to.............. :Animation44: (beer)

Well I knew if someone had something really negative to say it would be yourself (as usual) :wacko:

Well I knew if someone had something really negative to say it would be yourself (as usual) :wacko:

Awards are not to be sniffed at old chap......take the rough with the smooth (beer)

(tu)

Who was Scotlands manager,and assistant, when we got the best out of him Danny? (tu)

(tu)

Who was Scotlands manager,and assistant, when we got the best out of him Danny? (tu)

Actually Miller has done quite well all his Scotland career.

Miller never has been and I doubt he will ever be a goalscorer. As John Hartson said if you don't score 20 goals a year then you are not good enough to be an old firm striker. In his defence however, Boyd could score enough goals for both of them and Miller could do the running for both of them. In theory it could be a very good partnership.

However in Scotland we seem to easily confuse lack of positioning with a never say die attitude and for that reason I think we should stay away from Miller. I think you also have to consider his wage packet at Celtic. Does he have enough quality and perhaps more importantly, would he do enough to justify wages of between 12,000 and 18,000 a week? For years now we have had players on high wages who are not good enough and I think, in the unlikely event that we signed him, Miller would fall into that category too.

My final point is that although we will still be behind Celtic for a few years yet, we need to show a signal of intent and I think signing a player who is not deemed to be good enough for them would send out a negative message to our fans as to what our ambitions truly are.

championee

Miller isn't good enough - simple.

When he first played for us he actually didn;t do too badly. Unfortunately, he suffered from being a young player in a team falling apart under a manager who had lost the dressing room. Ergo, when we were offered £3million for him it was too good to refuse - particularly as he didn't get on well with McLeish (Our then new manager).

Kenny wanted to come back to Rangers in the summer but we were not interested in the wage he wanted. Celtic did give him that money (£12K per week basic plus £6K appearance/goal bonuses per game) and were the only team who were willing to pay that. Newcastle were also interested (NOT Sunderland as the papers suggested) but Kenny preferred Celtic as he would be even closer to his family.

Celtic now have taken on too much wages with Graveson and JVoH and as a result Miller and probably Gravesen will move on in the summer. I hope we are not interested in either of them. Thankfully, we won't be and Miller will probably end up on the Celtic bench as he'll not go back to England IMO.

(tu)

You make a reasonable point, but I'm not so sure it's as black and white as that.

(tu)

You make a reasonable point, but I'm not so sure it's as black and white as that.

To be honest I don't facy him either,I was just wondering,what if? :unsure: