SPL supremo will consider terrace return

Muck9

Having being brought up in terraced grounds all over the country and watched packed games from the terracings - at times with over 100,000 people packed in - all I have to say is be thankful for all seater stadia.

The last thing I want to do is go backwards.

This is the viewpoint of an old Bear.

I understand others may differ from me but I am firmly for all seated stadia for reasons of comfort and safety.

I agree with that

Having being brought up in terraced grounds all over the country and watched packed games from the terracings - at times with over 100,000 people packed in - all I have to say is be thankful for all seater stadia.

I understand others may differ from me but I am firmly for all seated stadia for reasons of comfort and safety.

No-ones asking to go back to the days of cramped up terraces. The best way to look at it, is you standing in front of your seat.

Since when did you have to remove seats to stand up at a fitba' match? :anguish:

Just get rid of them cunts who sit there chewing their sweeties or tell them to stand up to watch the game.

Australia would have to be one of the most strict OH&S countries in the world and I've never sat down at a game in all my life over here in our all seater stadiums.

Since when did you have to remove seats to stand up at a fitba' match? :anguish:

Just get rid of them cunts who sit there chewing their sweeties or tell them to stand up to watch the game.

Australia would have to be one of the most strict OH&S countries in the world and I've never sat down at a game in all my life over here in our all seater stadiums.

Hooligan..........................:sherlock:

So women,children and people of average and less than average height would be denied being able to watch the game? Well that would prevent overcrowding but restrict attendances in future generations.

It is a different times; when I was a kid at Ibrox we left our dad and went down to the front or were passed over shoulders to get down to where we could see the match. This would not happen now!

On the actual safety side because there is no longer the very steep terracings there sould be no safety problem with adapting the enclosures and Govan Front to standing areas for domestic matches but I doubt that the club would want to increase expense to enable removing and replacing seats between european games.

Like Nvager I was brought up in the generation of standing terraces and although the crowding and unsavoury,unsanitary conditions would not be relevant, the introduction of seated stadia made a marked improvement in comfort and spectating and I would certainly prefer to sit and watch what is happening on the pitch.

So women,children and people of average and less than average height would be denied being able to watch the game? Well that would prevent overcrowding but restrict attendances in future generations.

It is a different times; when I was a kid at Ibrox we left our dad and went down to the front or were passed over shoulders to get down to where we could see the match. This would not happen now!

On the actual safety side because there is no longer the very steep terracings there sould be no safety problem with adapting the enclosures and Govan Front to standing areas for domestic matches but I doubt that the club would want to increase expense to enable removing and replacing seats between european games.

Like Nvager I was brought up in the generation of standing terraces and although the crowding and unsavoury,unsanitary conditions would not be relevant, the introduction of seated stadia made a marked improvement in comfort and spectating and I would certainly prefer to sit and watch what is happening on the pitch.

And the choice should be ..do you wish a seat or do you wish a ticket for the standing area?

If people have to move to accomodate a better atmosphere and more groups all in the one place then so be it.

However too many selfish fans think of me me me and won't put the welfare of the club or the atmospehere first.

"It's ma seat and am no moving for anyone"

What's patently obvious is that there is a market for both sets of supporters but it will take a lot of selling and cajoling to get people to move (even in the same stand) for this to work.

Why ALL seated? I don't understand what is "backwards" about standing on your own feet. Fair enough, if you're old and need a seat, theres most of the stadium still seated, likewise if you're a dullard who remains on their arse for 90 minutes (or 80 before heading for the subway), nobody would FORCE you to stand up and cheer the team on.

Its all very well for you to sit in North Virginia and state your case, you're unlikely to be affected either way, but those of us who COULD go to games and would like to stand up shouldn't be denied that opportunity just because of your, well, selfishness.

The entire north stand at hampden, stand for 97mins at scotland matches.. safely without issue or challenge from stewards or police, it has now spread to the west stand. This is without any such 'safe' standing areas, It is a prime example in favour of it's return.

This in the enclosure would be ideal

The entire north stand at hampden, stand for 97mins at scotland matches.. safely without issue or challenge from stewards or police, it has now spread to the west stand. This is without any such 'safe' standing areas, It is a prime example in favour of it's return.

This in the enclosure would be ideal

It's also a prime example of double standards and one rule for the Tartan Trannies and one rule for us.

We do actually have women and kids who go to games in Australia you know :P, but that obstacle is easily solved as some other posters have explained....Have standing in sections and let the ones who wish to sit move further to the front if they wish.

I also was brought up with terraces and well remember how stadia were since I first went to Ibrox in 1952 or 1953, so although I much prefer the cleanliness and safety aspects of modern stadiums I still prefer the atmosphere and passion from the 1950's onwards.

There are more than one way of skinning a cat, so it can be done in complete safety without any cost.

thebooler says I'm a hooligan....Yep! he's right! :21: