SPL or CL

Ace

SPL, however, we should be destroying Hamilton regardless if Miller and Weiss aren't playing. We shouldn't be slating Walter for not playing the both of them. The Champions League money is vital and so is progression in Europe due to the state of the co-efficient. Blame the players on the park for not winning the game and needing Miller to come on. Nevertheless we won! We Are The People :thumbup:

From the team selection today it seems clear that in Walter's eyes, the CL is his priority.

No Weiss & No Miller proves that.

What about us though, is the SPL the thing to win with CL as a bonus, or is making a real fist of it (remember the money we can generate form it) more important?

Bollocks.

Miller, Weiss & McCulloch were all rested because they were playing for Scotland Mid week. I'm sure Davie Weir would have too if we actually had a half decent centre back for cover.

Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Red Star Belgrade, Borussia Dortmund, PSV Eindhoven....all of these teams have won the trophy. Football changes so much over time, and I fully expect to see us win the trophy within my lifetime. It will only take a slight change of conditions to get this club competing again.

It would take more than a slight change of conditions.

That said, we were a goal away from the final in my lifetime in 1993. Hopefully we will be in that position again.

Entry to the EPL, or the formation of a British league. If either of those happened, we'd be laughing, and given the control Sky has over the EPL nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen within the next 5-10 years.

You cant represent another Football Assosiation in Europe though. That's why Cardiff City wouldn't have qualified for the UEFA Cup a few years back had they won the FA Cup Final.

I think every single Bear would want us to win the CL this, or any other season.

It is the one and only thing our rivals have done which we havent done better, even if we have reached more European finals than them, their lucky win against Inter courtesy of offsides etc is still the biggy.

However the way our club has been run by our owner this last decade has meant that we have little chance of winning the big cup under the current regime.

Therefore I can understand why some of us will choose to prioritise the SPL this season over our CL campaign, taking a "take the money and run" theory to try to get us back from the brink of bankruptcy for the second time this century already, and when our finances (and hopefully a chance of ownership) allow us to start looking forward instead of constant fire-fighting and reactionary measures over proactive measures, then perhaps we can start to look ahead to CL campaigns again with some hope of success.

By all means I have not given up my ambition to see Rangers win the big cup, just that under the current circumstances, our priority has to be to retain our title, and gain an easier path to the CL for the next season, whilst also giving us something to cheer about with domestic dominance.

Don't agree OP. No Miller/Weiss just means Walter believes we can (and should) beat Hamilton without them. And, he needs to use the squad wisely as well. Miller played midweek and is a certain starter vs ManU. Therefore, it can be argued that with Kenny's medical history, he needed a rest anyway.

As for Weiss. I would have liked to have seen him for the last 20 minutes. But it looks as if Walter had it spot on to be honest. His subs made the difference.

SPL is the priority. And perhaps protecting Kenny is an indication of that. We can't be without him for weeks on end as he recovers from yet more hamstring injuries? (tu)

The SPL would be my priority. It would obviously be good to do well in the CL but realistically we have no chance of winning it or getting to the latter stages so I would want us to focus more on the SPL, dont want that prick Lennon ruining Walter's goodbye