Andrew Flintoff Retires From All Cricket

No point in starting an RM cricket thread, every single one is ruined by people who have never watched it.

As for Flintoff, it was expected. His performance in the 2005 Ashes was probably the best individual sporting performance I've ever seen :praise:

Complete legend of a man. I saw him playing a charity match in Gloucester a few years back, he had just been hit for four and shrugged it off. End of the over he came to sign some autographs alongside the fans at the front, and whilst doing so took a guys pint, necked about half of it and walked off smiling.

And if my memory serves me correctly, he bowled somebody out first ball on his next over :sherlock:

Shame I thought we might have got to see him in the IPL next year...

On his day, NOBODY in the world better! Some of his bowling spells in the 2005 ashes were nothing short of mind blowing!

Agreed mate, but he was also none too shabby with the bat. Best all round cricketer of the last 10 years imo :sherlock:

A sad day. I've seen most of the very best cricketers of the last 10 years play and he is right up there for me.

Who would like to start an RM Cricket Thread?

As papaguy says people would ruin it by posting crap like "Its boring...its shite" etc etc. But if there are enough of us on here who enjoy the game then it could work (tu)

As papaguy says people would ruin it by posting crap like "Its boring...its shite" etc etc. But if there are enough of us on here who enjoy the game then it could work (tu)

If there's an RM Wrestling thread which seems to be taken seriousily, Im sure we could get a cricket thread going? (tu)

Especially with the Ashes coming up.

If there's an RM Wrestling thread which seems to be taken seriousily, Im sure we could get a cricket thread going? 00000042.gif

Especially with the Ashes coming up.

That's a good point, I just wasnt sure if enough people on here were cricket fans to make it viable. But it would be good if we could get one going. Perhaps if we started it nearer the ashes it could take off?

That's a good point, I just wasnt sure if enough people on here were cricket fans to make it viable. But it would be good if we could get one going. Perhaps if we started it nearer the ashes it could take off?

Yeah sounds a plan mate (tu) No point starting it now when there's only a couple ODI's left with England and Pakistan, and then not much on the international front for a while. The thread would get lost.

Unless alot of boys follow the county cricket?

Yeah sounds a plan mate 00000042.gif No point starting it now when there's only a couple ODI's left with England and Pakistan, and then not much on the international front for a while. The thread would get lost.

Unless alot of boys follow the county cricket?

Don't know about that as I only have a passing interest in the fortunes of Durham. But yeah when the ashes are apon us I say we get a thread started and see how it goes (tu)

After the ashes there are tons of international tests and the IPL just after christmas, should keep us occupied :pipe: