Take a bow Davie Weir

Poetry_In_Blue

Don't know if this had been posted but remembered that Goal.com does a CL team of the week, and our very own Davie Weir is in it.

Well done to the big man.

David Weir - Rangers

Like a vintage Claret, the recalled Scotland centre-back ages wonderfully well. His positioning, leadership and nous were integral to Rangers' stout rearguard as the Scottish champions frustrated Manchester United at Old Trafford. The 40-year-old remains a fine defender and astute leader of his team-mates.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2010/09/16/2121396/champions-league-team-of-the-round-matchday-one

What about Billy Costacurta?

I didn't actually get a note of the players, that's just me putting what I think.

According to Google, Ballotta was 42 years and 272 days old when he played in goal for Lazio v Madrid in 2007.

It was in The Herald that he was officially the third oldest player ever though.

I didn't actually get a note of the players, that's just me putting what I think.

According to Google, Ballotta was 42 years and 272 days old when he played in goal for Lazio v Madrid in 2007.

It was in The Herald that he was officially the third oldest player ever though.

(tu)

Ok, mate, maybe it was outfield players?

He will equal Costacurta's record vs Bursaspor, and beat it vs Valencia to be the oldest outfield player to play in the Champs League and the 2nd oldest player overall.

This is wrong Kev.

He will equal it in the last group game V's Buraspor, he will only break it if he plays in the last 16.