Matthew Leckie

Ozblue

If anybody has got a contact with Sir Walter, get him to have a look at young Matthew Leckie who plays for Adelaide Utd. in the Australian A-League before he gets snapped up by another European club for peanuts.

We have missed out on Tommy Oar and Mitchell Langerak to Utrecht and Borussia Dortmund respectively in recent months and I would hate to see this young fella slip under our radar because he is definitely the player we need badly....A super fast winger who can play left and right sided...scores goals with both feet and head and has his feet firmly planted on the ground.

Don't say I didn't tell you when he becomes a household name.

What do our other down under Bears think of this kid?

Thoughts guys!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact Rangers yourself, mate, and provide them with first-hand knowledge. Whether they will act upon the info, or if you will even receive a response, is another matter entirely. I have heard of a few instances of fans tipping them off to players and getting no feedback. Good luck, and keep your eyes peeled for more talent.

Contact Rangers yourself, mate, and provide them with first-hand knowledge. Whether they will act upon the info, or if you will even receive a response, is another matter entirely. I have heard of a few instances of fans tipping them off to players and getting no feedback. Good luck, and keep your eyes peeled for more talent.

I've tried that in the past with no result,CJ...I recommended Mark Schwarzer, Brett Emerton and also Tim Cahill to Ibrox before anybody had even heard of them and nothing was obviously done about it, so I don't fancy my chances doing it again.

I have high hopes for this kid to make a name for himself, because he has bags of talent.

If anybody has got a contact with Sir Walter, get him to have a look at young Matthew Leckie who plays for Adelaide Utd. in the Australian A-League before he gets snapped up by another European club for peanuts.

We have missed out on Tommy Oar and Mitchell Langerak to Utrecht and Borussia Dortmund respectively in recent months and I would hate to see this young fella slip under our radar because he is definitely the player we need badly....A super fast winger who can play left and right sided...scores goals with both feet and head and has his feet firmly planted on the ground.

Don't say I didn't tell you when he becomes a household name.

What do our other down under Bears think of this kid?

Thoughts guys!

Well said Oz,

Absolutely agree. He is very quick and can make runs either beating a manout wide (winger stlyle) or play as a wide man in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. Would get him for about 350,000 to 400,000 pounds. Mayebe less

Well said Oz,

Absolutely agree. He is very quick and can make runs either beating a manout wide (winger stlyle) or play as a wide man in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. Would get him for about 350,000 to 400,000 pounds. Mayebe less

I think we would actually get him a lot cheaper than that,Stewie, because Adelaide are skint....but then again, Leckie is some talent and would be worth buying for anywhere close to $300-400 thousand.

he's exciting to watch at hindmarsh, him and flores have transformed adelaide this year. he's got the confidence/ability to take on defenders which you can't teach. a far better player and future prospect than nathan burns and bruce djite at that age.given that a-league contracts only go for a year or two i can't see him being in adelaide next year and whoever gets him will have a cheap gem, with some decent coaching he'd be a good lad to have take over from miller when his time is up.

You get a thumbs up and nod of approval from me. Quality player with bags of talent.

It just annoys the shit out of me that we see all this talent going to other clubs and Rangers just seemingly sit and never make a move for them as if this part of the world doesn't exist...Even although Walter and McCoist say they watch the A-League highlights on a Tuesday night in Scotland.

It actually does make me wonder at times. doh

It just annoys the shit out of me that we see all this talent going to other clubs and Rangers just seemingly sit and never make a move for them as if this part of the world doesn't exist...Even although Walter and McCoist say they watch the A-League highlights on a Tuesday night in Scotland.

It actually does make me wonder at times. doh

If the boys as good as you say im sure Fergie will have tipped Walter the wink

C'mon Captain Oz get your good pal Walter told :pipe:

Your always name dropping about speaking to him at the football tournament in Australia :craphead:

Does seem like a good move for a young boy who can take on defenders, and cheap.

What are the wages for football like over there bud?

I've just sent an email to the club about Leckie, so let's see what happens....The wages are pretty decent for a small league like the A-league, Ben.

The marquee players are on a good salary but each club has a salary cap they must stick to, so it depends on the strength of the squad regards what each player would be on.

It was rumoured that Robbie Fowler was on about $600,000 a season when he was with NQ Fury, but I think he dropped wages going to Perth Glory.

its worth a punt, if he turns out to be good, have him for a few seasons

then sell him to the epl, can only see it being a win win for both club

and player. i think this is how we will get young players from now on.

I think the guy I know at the Phoenix is on roughly $1000 a week. Don't quote me on that though. It is probably less than more than that if it isn't the wage. So 500 pound a week.

I wouldn't imagine that the Phoenix guys would be on too much per week when you see how little Rickie Herbert is being paid for coaching them...that's a pittance by any standards.

As I said, depends on what team you play for and the strength of their squad...Look at Melbourne Heart and the players they have...that must cost them a packet paying that lot.