Papic quits Bosnia

J_RFC87

Rangers defender Sasa Papac says he will not play for Bosnia because he has become disillusioned with his country's football association.

Papac, 27, would have been suspended for Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifier against Norway but insists he would not play even if he was eligible.

"There are many things that are not right in the national association," he told the Rangers website.

"Unless that changes then I will not play for my country again."

He added: I am totally finished with the national team. there are too many problems with the national association.

"It is nothing to do with the coach. The problems are with the president, the sport director and others.

"I am still relatively young and would love to play for my country but I will not do so under current circumstances."

Papac played his first game since 30 December for Rangers in the recent 3-0 win over Aberdeen.

His absence for Bosnia will ease the travelling involved when on international duty and he is one of a number of players for the national team who refuse to play for their country.

"It is a shame for Bosnia but there is too much politics involved in the association and we will not return until that changes."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6479427.stm