Was James Beattie a free transfer?

1st_Jan_1994

I also thought it was around the £1M mark, what did he say?

Some little arsehole saying Fortune got hounded for not scoring goals and Beattie hasn't scored yet, why aren't the media hounding him?

and Duffy just said the difference is Fortune cost 3.5 million and Beattie was a free transfer.

SPL champions Rangers have finally signed a player after two years of financial frustration as the club sealed a deal for striker James Beattie from Premier League club Stoke City for an undisclosed fee.

The undisclosed fee may well have been to himself.

SPL champions Rangers have finally signed a player after two years of financial frustration as the club sealed a deal for striker James Beattie from Premier League club Stoke City for an undisclosed fee.

Undisclosed fee could be anything from a free to as someone said above, £100m

The undisclosed fee may well have been to himself.

I highly doubt it was £1.5m. I think Stoke being desperate to get rid of him might have aided Rangers a bit financially - paying them to get him off their books, like someone already mentioned.

Seem's like he is out of tomorrow night's game with a hip injury - blow as he needs the games and tomorrow would have been ideal for him.

Can't see him starting in the Aberdeen, Bursaspor or Hearts games, then it's an international break...