Worse Better or Status Quo.

bawbaggery

Walter warned us that things would only get worse in the summer, has this happened, are there things that we the fans don't know about, or has Muir quite simply improved the situation by doing the job that he was paid and employed for, by Murray.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our situation has improved.

I trust what Walter does for rangers, he is up there with one other person as our greatest ever manager but he does have a tendancy to contradict himself and lie to the press for reasons best known to him.

I have always taken most of what he said about our financial position with a pinch of salt. I guess he was either putting pressure on people within the club, misleading the press or using it to motivate his team

Winning the league and offloading some of the higher earners plus the financial prudence shown changed the situation for the better between walters 'warning' and the summer.

To early to say we have improved but at least there are some changes and new faces and I feel positive.

Of course, for poor Walter, unless we win the league it will be considered a worse season!

I trust what Walter does for rangers, he is up there with one other person as our greatest ever manager but he does have a tendancy to contradict himself and lie to the press for reasons best known to him.

I have always taken most of what he said about our financial position with a pinch of salt. I guess he was either putting pressure on people within the club, misleading the press or using it to motivate his team

GCL are the figures not due for release at some point next month?

not the great walter surely

if he says the banks are running the club then they are running the club full stop

just you wait, things will get wor.................. oh wait :lol:

We don't know is the bottom line. I think we have started well so everybody is full of hope and seeing the glass as half full. I'm still gutted Thomson left and we did lose some other important players. So far, I'm hopefully that Jelavic will replace Boyd's goals (or Miller will, and in turn Jelavic replaces Miller's goals). Weiss looks an exciting player. Beattie appears to have replaced Boyd by being the lazy fat fucker up front ;) Still early days though.

we lost 8 players and signed 4 did we not.

2 of those on loan.

only mculloch has signed a new deal and others arent getting what they want or even deserve.

what walter said is if people think it will get better in the summer their kidding themselves. that looks reasonable to me.

as for mr muir i asked this before what is it he has done thats special. accepting every undervalue bid we receive letting valuable assets leave for nothing or peanuts. theirs a cyber pint for the first person to show me a new revenue stream mr muir has brought into the club.

our financial situation might well be improving but walter, ally, kenny and the players deserve the credit for that.

We are better off financially, the debt has been reduced hugely, on this front we are on the right track.

In my opinion our team is looking better than last year, Vlad is very exciting to watch, something that has been lacking, Miller is hitting some fantastic form, I', excited about the link up with Jelavic.

All in all i'm a pleased Bear by what ive seen so far.

2 of those on loan.

only mculloch has signed a new deal and others arent getting what they want or even deserve.

what walter said is if people think it will get better in the summer their kidding themselves. that looks reasonable to me.

as for mr muir i asked this before what is it he has done thats special. accepting every undervalue bid we receive letting valuable assets leave for nothing or peanuts. theirs a cyber pint for the first person to show me a new revenue stream mr muir has brought into the club.

our financial situation might well be improving but walter, ally, kenny and the players deserve the credit for that.

Muir accepts bids for players now...How do you know this ? Cyber pint for you when you show you're working.

P.S is it in Donald muirs job spec to find new revenue streams ?

2 of those on loan.

I think the reality of the situation is, and I believe even Stevie Wonder can see it, is that Muir calls the shots on behalf of Murray, or rather uses the power of Murray/MIH shareholdings to call the shots. I have no problem with that, so far he appears to have done an excellent job.

Muir accepts bids for players now...How do you know this ? Cyber pint for you when you show you're working.

P.S is it in Donald muirs job spec to find new revenue streams ?

hes an asset stripper a parasite on our club that has led to walter retiring early and the day him and murray his supposed employer leaveour great club will be the greatest in its long and distinguished history. (it wont be recognised at the time mind you.)

but my post was because he was getting praised on this thread for improving things. if he isnt finding new revenue streams and selling players what is it he is supposedly doing to have turned us arround.

I think the reality of the situation is, and I believe even Stevie Wonder can see it, is that Muir calls the shots on behalf of Murray, or rather uses the power of Murray/MIH shareholdings to call the shots. I have no problem with that, so far he appears to have done an excellent job.

how.

name me one deal we did above market value.

name me one player we sold at even market value never mind above.

be specific name me one thing he has done that is good.

ill allow you any deal rangers have done since he arrived to pick from.

hes an asset stripper a parasite on our club that has led to walter retiring early and the day him and murray his supposed employer leaveour great club will be the greatest in its long and distinguished history. (it wont be recognised at the time mind you.)

but my post was because he was getting praised on this thread for improving things. if he isnt finding new revenue streams and selling players what is it he is supposedly doing to have turned us arround.

So you ignored the first part of my post as you were talking shite and then called him an asset stripper, a word you clearly don't understand, a bit like when a certain website and fans group use it and had to quickly retract when the lawyers came calling.

If he has been responsible for renegotiating our deals with the bank and getting us to properly manage our finances then he could be credited with saving the club.

Again i doubt he was employed to find revenue streams.

I think we are in a better position TBH Jelavic is a fantastic signing Weiss is an exciting player that we have been crying out for Beattie will come good eventually and score a barrow load of goals for us Foster is a squad player and we will need to see how Kerkar pans out.

The players we have lost with the exception of Thomson are no massive loss and i include Boyd in that one yeah fai enough he scored a ton of goals for us but i think we are playing far better now with him out of the team.

Novo was a squad player at best great servant to the club but it was time for him to go

Smith fantastic potential but just didnt recover from that injury

Beasley great player on his day but that was few and far between

Wilson excellent prospect but didnt want to be here anymore so we made a decent profit on him

Velicka squad player im still puzzled at why we signed him

Finacially we are in a far better position due to the CL money last year and thi year and a massive reduction in the wage bill.

:crabflute::crabflute:

doh

walter wanted to chuck it even earlier ffs, but he stayed on with assurances from the money men that he'd get money to spend

and he has spent it

what asset stripping has happened as well, we lost a centre half who didnt want to be here and a centre mid when we have potentially 3 others for that position not including youth players

broadfoot got a new deal, mcculloch got a new deal, alexander is negotiating a new deal, so is papac i believe (is he worth a new deal though is the question)

hopefully millers contract gets sorted before january or we will probably have to accept any deal going for him,

how.

name me one deal we did above market value.

name me one player we sold at even market value never mind above.

be specific name me one thing he has done that is good.

ill allow you any deal rangers have done since he arrived to pick from.

Hello Daryll, any new stories of imminent doom. :sherlock:

i think our first 11 has improved but our squad is again weaker. weaker than any time in the last 25 years.

with a little luck we will win the league no problem and thats great. perhaps all that matters but lets be honest jan will just be another horrible month we will all be delighted to get out the way with or best players intact. next summer doesnt look much better with half the first team from saturday quite possibly leaving along with our greatesr manager in 50 years.

we are still a mess and as smith said if you think things have improved your kidding yourself.

take papac and miller. both want to stay but both are saying they may move on. why. because we cant even make competative offers to our best players. invalluable and succesful ones.

So you ignored the first part of my post as you were talking shite and then called him an asset stripper, a word you clearly don't understand, a bit like when a certain website and fans group use it and had to quickly retract when the lawyers came calling.

If he has been responsible for renegotiating our deals with the bank and getting us to properly manage our finances then he could be credited with saving the club.

Again i doubt he was employed to find revenue streams.

who says i was talking to you.

lets see

wilson - asset

mendes - asset

thomson - asset

need i go on.

as for sdm

catering - asset

car park - asset

edminson house - asset

stripped, sold ill let you worry about semantics.

i think our first 11 has improved but our squad is again weaker. weaker than any time in the last 25 years.

with a little luck we will win the league no problem and thats great. perhaps all that matters but lets be honest jan will just be another horrible month we will all be delighted to get out the way with or best players intact. next summer doesnt look much better with half the first team from saturday quite possibly leaving along with our greatesr manager in 50 years.

we are still a mess and as smith said if you think things have improved your kidding yourself.

take papac and miller. both want to stay but both are saying they may move on. why. because we cant even make competative offers to our best players. invalluable and succesful ones.

You just made that up, didn't you. :craphead: