• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe you are serious, that explains everything. :BELM:

its your thread kido.

i am suggesting your wrong about the very thing its all about.

i know what i heard and smith said

if people think things will improve in the summer they are kidding themselves

have things improved. i say no. however they havent got as bad as i feared so that good.

who says i was talking to you.

lets see

wilson - asset

mendes - asset

thomson - asset

need i go on.

as for sdm

catering - asset

car park - asset

edminson house - asset

stripped, sold ill let you worry about semantics.

without worrying about the semantics what about the cash he put in ? The players we previously bought? The stadium we expanded? Please do not let any sense of fairness get in your way of villifying SDM - for trying tto provide what we wanted!

without worrying about the semantics what about the cash he put in ? The players we previously bought? The stadium we expanded? Please do not let any sense of fairness get in your way of villifying SDM - for trying tto provide what we wanted!

hmm this will be interesting

the cash he put in?

you mean the advertising or for the shares he bought.

the stadium expansion. you mean the ruination of the good work done by willie waddel. in the massivly expensive club deck which has failed in its goals or the big screen debacle that even murray admitts was a mistake and has led celtc in to a position of easy financial dominance

What a load of shite some of the comments are on this thread, anyway forget that for the moment, let's look at the OPs original question.

To a certain degree I think financially we are now in a stronger position than last season, this is mainly and probably only through qualifying for the CL, but I really don't think it has anything to do with Muir and SDM though, I think it's the tough decisions that the bank has taken with us. To what extent we might never know but at least we're heading in the right direction.

Now regarding the squad, I don't think the squad is any weaker than last season, in fact I think it has improved with the quality of player we now have.

KT - Final year of his contract, has been injury prone, possibly stalling on a new contract (again none of us will ever know), we get £2 million for him and off the wage bill, to me not a bad piece of business, and where is he now, out injured and anyway we have McCulloch and Edu to fill in that position with a good couple of youngsters for the future.

Boyd - If reports are true then there was a good contract offer on the table for him, but he chose to refuse and leave, absolutely nothing the club could do about it, but, we have bought in Jelavic and paid £4 million quid for him and to me the team up front are playing an awful lot better as he is a much better player than Boyd.

Smith - Unfortunately for him his previous injuries/illness prevented his development, nobody's fault, he wanted more chance of first team football, so even though there was a new contract offer on the table he chose to walk away to try and resurrect his career, he goes with all the best from me.

Beasley - played well at times, but again seemed to be too injury prone and so left with our best wishes, we had a chance to sell him a season or so ago but he wanted to stay, and now we have Weiss on loan who is a much better player.

Novo - was never going to be a regular starter for us, and he wanted a longer contract and a better chance of first team football, he wasn't going to get that with us so again all the best to him.

Wilson - he didn't want a new contract, he was in his final year, getting £2 million for him, rising to about £5 million is a good piece of business, and forget the shit about Smalling etc, prices in England are always a lot more inflated than what a team from the SPL can ever demand if the player is in the final year of their contract.

I know there are others, but it currently looks like we have managed to get some players off our books who (apart from Boyd) might not even be classed as first team regulars, and that includes KT, we have brought in Jelavic, Beattie, Weiss and Foster, and all of these players I feel will enhance the squad, McCulloch and Broadfoot have signed contract extensions, Alexander is on the verge of signing a contract extension, Papac will probably follow suit, and it looks like Kerkar will be getting a deal, who is supposedly an out and out winger, something we need more off, and I don't think the Miller situation is far from over and think the press are doing their usual exaggeration tactics as he has become one of our top players.

Yes, on paper the squad might appear to be smaller, but I think the quality has greatly improved, and I think people, as usual, are writing off some of our younger players who are making up the numbers so to speak, but when/if they are given a chance then they will hopefully shut some people up and prove that in actual fact the quality they could show will prove we don't have a small squad!

hmm this will be interesting

the cash he put in?

you mean the advertising or for the shares he bought.

the stadium expansion. you mean the ruination of the good work done by willie waddel. in the massivly expensive club deck which has failed in its goals or the big screen debacle that even murray admitts was a mistake and has led celtc in to a position of easy financial dominance

How has it failed.??

how much have we received?

you do realise that man united only recently paid everton the final part of the add-ons for rooney dont you :wink:

not that it matters anyway, your sitting there with your "i hate muir and co" t-shirt thinking of other ways to start a protest at the money men who quite possibly spent more than they took in with regards to transfer fees this summer

the club was bleeding money when he came here, our squad was heavy in a lot of areas and paper thin in others

you mentioned mendes, thomson and wilson as evidence of asset stripping, when in reality we were just shedding unwanted weight so to speak

this season we sold thomson for 2million, and gave lee mcculloch a new deal, going by last seasons form that is a good bit of business, especially as thomson was "apparently" wanting a bigger deal than we could offer him

wilson wanted to fuck off as well, mendes has been proven as replaceable

How has it failed.??

how has it not it was designed as an are for fat cats to sit in and enjoy the finer things in life while paying a premium.

what it is is a half empty white elephant with the same shite food as the rest of the plebs with more stairs to get there.

considder this it cost more than half as much as torbett towers and seats less than a sixth of theccapacity.

then theirs the fact the club were so badly run the couldnt for years even pay the debenture holders their cut of ticket sales.

oh and can anyone guess who supplied the steel to build it

the club decks not the worst thing to happen to us in 20 years but anyone trying to give sdm credit for the stadium is wide of the mark

What a load of shite some of the comments are on this thread, anyway forget that for the moment, let's look at the OPs original question.

To a certain degree I think financially we are now in a stronger position than last season, this is mainly and probably only through qualifying for the CL, but I really don't think it has anything to do with Muir and SDM though, I think it's the tough decisions that the bank has taken with us. To what extent we might never know but at least we're heading in the right direction.

Now regarding the squad, I don't think the squad is any weaker than last season, in fact I think it has improved with the quality of player we now have.

KT - Final year of his contract, has been injury prone, possibly stalling on a new contract (again none of us will ever know), we get £2 million for him and off the wage bill, to me not a bad piece of business, and where is he now, out injured and anyway we have McCulloch and Edu to fill in that position with a good couple of youngsters for the future.

Boyd - If reports are true then there was a good contract offer on the table for him, but he chose to refuse and leave, absolutely nothing the club could do about it, but, we have bought in Jelavic and paid £4 million quid for him and to me the team up front are playing an awful lot better as he is a much better player than Boyd.

Smith - Unfortunately for him his previous injuries/illness prevented his development, nobody's fault, he wanted more chance of first team football, so even though there was a new contract offer on the table he chose to walk away to try and resurrect his career, he goes with all the best from me.

Beasley - played well at times, but again seemed to be too injury prone and so left with our best wishes, we had a chance to sell him a season or so ago but he wanted to stay, and now we have Weiss on loan who is a much better player.

Novo - was never going to be a regular starter for us, and he wanted a longer contract and a better chance of first team football, he wasn't going to get that with us so again all the best to him.

Wilson - he didn't want a new contract, he was in his final year, getting £2 million for him, rising to about £5 million is a good piece of business, and forget the shit about Smalling etc, prices in England are always a lot more inflated than what a team from the SPL can ever demand if the player is in the final year of their contract.

I know there are others, but it currently looks like we have managed to get some players off our books who (apart from Boyd) might not even be classed as first team regulars, and that includes KT, we have brought in Jelavic, Beattie, Weiss and Foster, and all of these players I feel will enhance the squad, McCulloch and Broadfoot have signed contract extensions, Alexander is on the verge of signing a contract extension, Papac will probably follow suit, and it looks like Kerkar will be getting a deal, who is supposedly an out and out winger, something we need more off, and I don't think the Miller situation is far from over and think the press are doing their usual exaggeration tactics as he has become one of our top players.

Yes, on paper the squad might appear to be smaller, but I think the quality has greatly improved, and I think people, as usual, are writing off some of our younger players who are making up the numbers so to speak, but when/if they are given a chance then they will hopefully shut some people up and prove that in actual fact the quality they could show will prove we don't have a small squad!

This post is way too sensible tae be oan here..........................................(tu)

The squad may be smaller but we have better quality IMO. Getting £5mill for Wilson is fantastic business. Moving forward I think that the club is in better financial shape due to reduction in wages transfers fees coming in and CL money

not only but they are my favorite.

one things for sure untill someone can explain to me what it is muirs done apart from accept every bid we have received. i wont be letting him steal walter smiths sucesses.

yeah please dont let muir etc take away astonishingly brilliant successes like velicka, lafferty or the fact that we had 6 centre mids and 6 strikers while only having 2 capable centre halves and an injury prone winger