Kyle Lafferty

OrangeBurn

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He took his goals very well, and showed he can find the target. But for the first 10 minutes he was terrible. Lets hope these goals give him a huge confidence boost that he needs. I would love for him to suceed at Ibrox, it sounds silly saying that, but some fans think others want him to fail.

Congradulations to Lafferty on the hat trick, i applauded him tonight as he deserved it even though i can't stand the guy.

But it doesn't change my opinion on him at all, even the worst players can have a good display here and there. He doesn't have the ability to play well on any sort of regular basis and even Walter Smith who paid 3.5 million seems to have him lower down in the pecking order now. I'd still be surprised to see him in the line up on Sunday.

Good performance, he has far too few of them though. 3 goals against the likes of the team we played today isnt anywhere near enough to get him in the starting 11 for the CL imo.

By that logic Jelavic is a waste of £4m because he only scored two, ffs... :anguish:

He has put in good performances whenever called upon this season, give him a break!

Considering the fee we paid for him his Rangers career has been a bit of a failure. Stupid antics and inconsistent performances have given him a poor reputation amongst most of the fans. He got a start last night and scored three goals. Therefore, things are better for him today than they were yesterday morning and that will boost his confidence. But that's about all you could say. He doesn't appear to be the answer to anything and he is behind in the pecking order for LM or CF. I hope it does get better for him at Ibrox but let's hope he doesn't start on Sunday. He hasn't earned the right to be a first team pick in the SPL or CL. Not yet anyway.

Its his girlfriend dumping him that will help

Allan McGregor is a brilliant goalkeeper, but I think he was at his best at the time he had ten burds a week on the go

Maybe if Kyle Lafferty does the same, he'll turn into some kind of Rangers footballing god :lol:

Slated for not scoring enough goals for us yet had been consistently played out in left midfield and not as a striker.

Comments on it being only a first division club yet before the game the comments were not to take Dunferlime lightly as they are at the top of their league and we did have difficult games last season in the same competition against First Division clubs, but his performance last night still not good enough?

He has been an idiot in the past with some of his antics and has been rightly slated for it by both us and the club but towards the end of last season, pre-season and when he's played this season he has played well, maybe now he has started to grow up and realise what a privilage and honour to play for this great club.

Well done to him last night and hopefully when he gets further chances he takes them and performs well again.

But, as been mentioned, it was the wrong Kyle for man of the match.

Slated for not scoring enough goals for us yet had been consistently played out in left midfield and not as a striker.

He's played 80% of his career at left midfield, he should be used to it by now.

Does anyone have any stats for assists or anything if we can't judge him purely on goals?

He's played 80% of his career at left midfield, he should be used to it by now.

Does anyone have any stats for assists or anything if we can't judge him purely on goals?

According to this website he has 9 assists in his Rangers career:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=67426&cc=5739

How reliable/accurate that is though, I'm not sure.