Why ?

THEFISH

Why is The Old Firm Discussion Board - Password Protected and not this board...afterall this board is strictly for Rangers supporters only is it not ????

Of course nothing is 100% secure on a thing like this, a few will always slip through the net :Animation44: (beer)

I don't think the Jungle Jims can come on the Rangers board can they ?

Davy you havent been paying attention have you....back of the class for the rest of the lesson (beer)

Davy you havent been paying attention have you....back of the class for the rest of the lesson (beer)

:lol:

What did I miss ? :unsure:

do you think there are a few slipped through the net fish. <_<

Just pay attention old chap you will see :Animation44:

i hope your on the case. :rolleyes:

i hope your on the case. :rolleyes:

Ive been on the case for approx 12 months :Animation44:

I am a relative newcomer to this board.

Whilst I will often disagree with Fish's comments on our club, the way it is run, the singing, and SDM etc;, I have been struck, yes struck - by the very defensive and hostile attitude by a number of posters - who I cannot possibly believe are Gers supporters. Everything I as a moderate stand for - they are against - they will argue continually and consistently against Gers, their fans and cultural issues.

It is quite obvious to me - and no doubt to some of you. I have in my life mixed with persons from international cultures and those locally, within Scotland. In this respect, I am in no doubt, that we - as Gers supporters will generally know the views and profiles of the atypical Gers or Celt supporter. No need to elaborate on this point - it is evident from the society and culture we have been brought up in.

In my multi cultured life I have never came across and never will - a Gers fan who rejects everything our club stands for and argues completely to the contrary view of our culture and traditions. That clearly tells me - prima facie - that they perhaps ain't who they say they are. In Broad terms, I would suggest that we have individuals in our midst (god bless them) who are perhaps deliberately intent on usurping and ridiculing the good name of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.........and our dear fans. Why ? Why ? Why ?

Whilst I will often disagree with Fish's comments on our club, the way it is run, the singing, and SDM etc;, I have been struck, yes struck - by the very defensive and hostile attitude by a number of posters - who I cannot possibly believe are Gers supporters. Everything I as a moderate stand for - they are against - they will argue continually and consistently against Gers, their fans and cultural issues.

It is quite obvious to me - and no doubt to some of you. I have in my life mixed with persons from international cultures and those locally, within Scotland. In this respect, I am in no doubt, that we - as Gers supporters will generally know the views and profiles of the atypical Gers or Celt supporter. No need to elaborate on this point - it is evident from the society and culture we have been brought up in.

In my multi cultured life I have never came across and never will - a Gers fan who rejects everything our club stands for and argues completely to the contrary view of our culture and traditions. That clearly tells me - prima facie - that they perhaps ain't who they say they are. In Broad terms, I would suggest that we have individuals in our midst (god bless them) who are perhaps deliberately intent on usurping and ridiculing the good name of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.........and our dear fans. Why ? Why ? Why ?

thats why i keep on defending our traditions and always will do. :pipeguy:

ideal broomloan springs to mind

We are ALL entitled to opinions, and what we don't encourage and come close to not tolerating is when any poster accuses others, be it directly or indirectly, of being an imposter.

Unless anyone has absolutely indubitable evidence of the 'impersonation' of a bear, such talk is not appreciated.

Thanks.

I Believe that I do not have to spell out those who are the dissidents - as Gerry Adams once said - "even the dogs on the street know who they are". No further questions, m'lord !!!

I would politely ask that you refrain from pursuing this route. Thanks.

For the moment, I'm going to say 'no comment' but it has to be said that Danny's message is surely a nomination for message of the week for his diplomacy.

For the moment, I'm going to say 'no comment' but it has to be said that Danny's message is surely a nomination for message of the week for his diplomacy.

Goodness gracious :lol:

Great balls of fire!

Great balls of fire!

I think yours are on fire or they should be (beer)

For any newbies on this board that need pointing in the right direction, I have always felt that Ideal broomloans remarks have been succinct and correct and morally just. You, mate, have just 55 posts to date so are hardly in a position to judge. I'll stop short of asking you to STFU if you'll pay a little more respect to season-ticket holders on here who have done nothing more than represent their club in the proper fashion.

For any newbies on this board that need pointing in the right direction, I have always felt that Ideal broomloans remarks have been succinct and correct and morally just. You, mate, have just 55 posts to date so are hardly in a position to judge. I'll stop short of asking you to STFU if you'll pay a little more respect to season-ticket holders on here who have done nothing more than represent their club in the proper fashion.

Strong words indeed from the self appointed man of importance coz he has more posts....tut tut when will it all end (beer)

Mr Patrese

As you say - " For any newbies on this board that need pointing in the right direction, I have always felt that Ideal broomloans remarks have been succinct and correct and morally just. You, mate, have just 55 posts to date so are hardly in a position to judge. I'll stop short of asking you to STFU (swear word inference - offensive ?) if you'll pay a little more respect to season-ticket holders on here who have done nothing more than represent their club in the proper fashion".

In a democracy, the values and opinion of all count - whoever they are, wherever they are - and of course, whether or not they are season ticket holders - wherever that may be.

Please do not discriminate against me because I have few posts or indeed, if I had the largest number of posts, that is my friend irrelevant. I as a humanist would never seek to demean or suppress anyone because I was a member of the club longer than them. "Everyone is accountable all of the time". What counts is the value of one's thoughts and words, not that one person has more than the other. That is literally divisive and is something that we as a "broad church" should always seek to refrain from - for the good of that insitution which we (and of course yourself RP) rightly cherish.

Take care.

Members can disagree about any topic and do all the time, but while criticizing the views of members is allowed, insulting or appearing to insult other members is definitely NOT ALLOWED.

I hope that is clear.

Fishyface - you know better.

Members can disagree about any topic and do all the time, but while criticizing the views of members is allowed, insulting or appearing to insult other members is definitely NOT ALLOWED.

I hope that is clear.

Fishyface - you know better.

Ehhhhh? Whit huv a dun noo christ <cr>

You mean people like Murray,Jardine, Bain and McIntyre?