Just home and 99% happy with tonight....

....But that 1%? Well Its the way we lost 2 goals from free headers in the box. Something completely unknown to us for a long long time. Which kinda reiterates the point that we need a new/good CB ASAP. I dont know if the goals were down to Little not dropping inside and marking or if Webster was to blame. But this was unheardof for a long time in our defence until 2night.

But apart from that really good game tonight. Lafferty showing again what he can do with a central forward role, Naismith causing bother as usual and also showing he can score upfront aswell, scoring from a header again aswell for such a wee guy its brilliant, Jelavic linking up play just behind Lafferty nicely to the wingers. Some of the play 2night in terms of passing was superb. nice 1,2's between players and making runs into the box. Kyle Hutton for me had a superb game. The boy is nothing fancy but he has pace and he can spray the ball about the park quite nicely always there as an option for people, a bit Barry Ferguson ish anyone????

Andrew Little, has this boy got it? I am quickly pointing towards not. I have never seen this boy have a good game for us. I dont know wether he is ruined by the fact he has such an odd set of positions he can play and he just doesn't know whats his best?? I think his final chance would be a loan deal to an SPL club to get first-team football and see if he can do it on a regular basis.

Greg Wylde looking very good and direct which, as you all know, has been seriously lacking lately. Anyone notice how we hovered about their box for such a long time with Weiss on the right and Wylde on the left causing all type of problems.

there is a future there to be honest. Along with Fleck coming back. I think we showed alot more depth in terms of squad tonight than we thought we had at the start of the season, granted it was only Dunfermline but I believe a Kyle Hutton or a Greg Wylde can come on and play against most SPL teams no problem at all.

All in all a good game, enjoyable one exactly what I was looking for tonight.

Thought the exact same thing about Hutton being a wee bit Ferguson like. But he's his own player and I'd hope we'll see him covering for McCulloch or Edu if they are out.

To do with the 2 goals, 1 was down to Broadfoot not being able to cope with the Dunfermline boy's pace, and the other at the corner I couldn't really make out. We under-estimate how solid our usual back 4 is, we don't let alot of balls into the middle and when we do Davie Weir and Boughy cope with them brilliantly.

The lack of stability without Davie in the box to clear balls away showed tonight, in my opinion.

Good performance, no need for stupid replays (tu)

Agree with the OP.

Hutton and Wylde looked good but I have a feeling that Little is not quite good enough. Like someone else said Hutton does remind me of Barry Ferguson in that he has a great engine, makes himself available for a pass and distributes the ball well to others all over the pitch.

What has happened to Ness and McMillan? Also Kerkar still to show what he can do as does Foster.

Our marking at corners every game this season has been awful.

Agree with this, especially when a lot of teams seem to be putting the ball out to a player around 30 yards out and having a shot. Was closed down well enough today and the shot was way over, but its how we conceded against St johnstone, and killie done it once or twice too.

I agree--Gers defending on corners has been poor this season. They all just watched on the first or second Fifers' goal.

It was good to see Lafferty have a good game. I hope that gives him some confidence and we see better performances from him soon. Although I wonder how much he'll get to play if they sign Kerkar.

Also liked what I saw of Hutton.

Agree with the OP.

Hutton and Wylde looked good but I have a feeling that Little is not quite good enough. Like someone else said Hutton does remind me of Barry Ferguson in that he has a great engine, makes himself available for a pass and distributes the ball well to others all over the pitch.

What has happened to Ness and McMillan? Also Kerkar still to show what he can do as does Foster.

That's exactly what I've been wondering, nvager...I watched Ness in particular during the training sessions when he was over in Sydney and I was real impressed by the kid, so much that I made the comment he is a far better prospect for Rangers than Danny Wilson ever was...and I really rated that kid, so it surprises me somewhat that Ness seems to have gone off the radar since then.

we are utter shite at defending corners, ive had a massive rant about this on here before

we put all 11 players in the box, generally the opposition have the corner taker, goalkeeper and usually 2 outside the box. Leaving 11 players marking 7 and we rarely look comfortable

we should have a player up the park, Miller, Weiss....someone with pace should a counter attack oppertunity arise

Its great to see the younger players getting game time, although it annoys me when you see players who have potential but never get played. Obviously the only way to improve is to play more games. Most of the so called "younger" players are not good enough to cut it with the champions and as you have seen previously whenever they get a few games they are in there early 20s which is a joke.

Made it to my first game of the season last night despite having 2 season ticks. Great game to kick off with. Kyle Hutton was VERY impressive in CM role. Head up all the time, always looking to play the ball forward and available for a one-two. Wylde again impressed me when he came on - old school winger who knocks it past the full back and crosses early. Would love to see us go with Wylde and Weiss against the likes of St Mirren at home in the SPL.

Jelavic is smashing footballer - as someone on here said he's basically the Anti-Boyd. Great touch, good vision, unselfish and makes terrific runs both into space and short. 3 goals in 3 starts shows he also knows where the goals are. His movement makes Davis's job in the middle much easier.

Andy Little looks like a Championship player at best. Good engined and works hard but lacks a bit of quality for me. Hope im wrong.

Webster looked a bit lost but maybe understood after limited playing time and new back 4 thrown together.

Lafferty - some excellent finishes, 3rd goal was a beaut. Having said that im still not convinced he's a striker but hopefully he can learn from Jelavic how to make runs and get into space.

Naismith - good to see him on the score sheet again. All he perhaps has needed is a steady run of games and the confidence of a few goals to get back to the level he was showing with Killie on a regular basis. Much to be cheered about with Weir, Edu, McCulloch, Miller, Whittaker and McGregor all given a night off.