***The Official Aberdeen v The Champions Thread***

Muff

As much as I would like Weiss to start, I just can't see it. I think the team I posted will be near enough the team Smith picks. Davis was fantastic out on the right against Utd last week, and considering our lack of CMs, it would have to be Edu and McCulloch. With Lafferty getting a hat trick on Tuesday, you would think it would be unfair to drop him, and I think Smith is still trying to justify spending £3million+ on him, as so far he has obviously failed to deliver. Weiss would terrorise a very poor Dons defence, but I think he may be on as a sub.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::weir::bougherra::papac:

:weiss::davis::mcculloch::Naismith:

:miller::jelavic:

We really should beat Aberdeen. Also, I have a feeling if Lafferty was to start he'll do something stupid as usual - no doubt he'll get abuse from the Sheep.

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:weiss: :davis: :mcculloch: :Naismith:

:jelavic: :miller:

Too much respect shown towards Aberdeen in recent years, get in about them from the word go!

Agree with this team.

I'd like to see Lafferty get a run out later in the game as a replacement up front for Miller.

Jelavic should play 90mins as he isn't eligible for Champs League.

:hutton: :mcculloch:

:weiss: :davis: :wylde:

:miller:

That would be an interesting team.

However we all know it will be

:davis: :edu: :mcculloch: :weiss:

:miller: :jelavic:

Either way, good enough to pump these scumbags.

:hutton: :mcculloch:

:weiss: :davis: :wylde:

:miller:

That would be an interesting team.

However we all know it will be

:davis: :edu: :mcculloch: :weiss:

:miller: :jelavic:

Either way, good enough to pump these scumbags.

I think Smith will start with Lafferty instead of Weiss. :(

Weiss won't play, not because he'll get kicked, but because he's played the last two games. I, personally, would start him, but Walter won't.

Team will be :

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :mcculloch: :edu: :Naismith: OR :lafferty:

:jelavic: rhat

I would play this :

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:weiss: :mcculloch: :edu: :davis:

:jelavic: :lafferty:

In any case, Rangers 3-1 Aberdeen

Jelavic

Weiss

McCulloch

MONNA CHAMPIONS, INTAE THESE SHEEPSHAGGING BASTARDS!

rhat???? u refering to miller?harsh if you are,bout time people get over it!!!!

McGlee played 5 at the back - against Motherwell - so (even with his toung in cheek remarks about 6 at the back) I suspect he will play that way against us - and we all know how difficult that can be to break down and I would suggest we have to be patienet as fans and the team will need to be patient and keep the ball to pull them out. (and with a BLINDING case of stating the obvious) that first goal is going to be so important!!

With the news that Edu is missing out, I say the team will be :

:Naismith: :davis: :mcculloch: :lafferty:

:jelavic: rhat

Although, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Naismith and Davis switch positions.

I'd go with :

:jelavic: :lafferty:

:jelavic: :miller:

Too much respect shown towards Aberdeen in recent years, get in about them from the word go!

thats the team for me too

If they play 5 at the back, I think we will pummel them, sure a situation like us V Man U could happen where they just end up to stubborn to break down, but I think we have enough quality to keep putting them under pressure and handle whatever attacks they do manage to come up with.

I actually hate this bollocks about not starting Weiss, and that's all it is.

(tu)

It's fucking infuriating, this is a game were we have struggled to break these cunts down for the past 4 years. Let's face it, our last games against them up North weren't exactly 'flooded' with missed chances. Though people don't want to play him for a risk of injury, every SPL team will do this to Weiss. Not wanting to play him for a 'What if' situation, well 'What if' he absolutely rips them to shreds and we beat them convincingly?

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

(tu)

It's fucking infuriating, this is a game were we have struggled to break these cunts down for the past 4 years. Let's face it, our last games against them up North weren't exactly 'flooded' with missed chances. Though people don't want to play him for a risk of injury, every SPL team will do this to Weiss. Not wanting to play him for a 'What if' situation, well 'What if' he absolutely rips them to shreds and we beat them convincingly?

(tu)

McGhee has come out and said he will probably start Ryan Jack, a young 18 year old in centre midfield. Never started a SPL match before, of course McGhee might not start him and might just be being a gayboy.

It will certainly be interesting to see how our midfield lines up, Hutton maybe with more of a look in?

McCulloch & Davis in the Centre for me, I know Davis played out wide against Dundee Utd and had his best game of the season. But he is capable of running the Midfield on his day and I like when He and McCulloch are partnered up together, drop Edu. Naismith and Weiss have to play for me as well, that's another reason I'd have Davis in the CM