Your opinion of our fans

bluenose4life

First, this is YOUR OWN opinion, so you can't be wrong.

My opinion is on 2 basis. First, our fans are fickle. We sell out big games (old firm, CL) yet we cant even half fill the stadium when it comes to smaller games (dunfermline). While some people cant make games, i know bears who sat in the pub in city centre drinking all night who didnt wanna go because "its just dunfermline".

Our fans are also quiet, take the dundee utd game as example. First half i hardly herad a song, yet last 15 minutes it was ELECTRIC. build my gallows and no pope of rome were sung loud and proud.

On the other hand, our fans are like a family. We stick together in times of need. Best fans in the world imo. Win lose or draw, we love the club.

Rangers FC are more than a football team, we are a family (maybe a disfunctional family but still a family)

Fuckin hell , it happens every cup game get over it.

I was too tired to go so gave my bro my ST. Even if I didn't give him it tho im a shite supporter? The fans that I hate are the ones who don't go to SPL games but decide to go to CL games and Old Firms. You can't go saying shit about season ticket holders who have paid their money they can do what they want, half the season ticket holders probably never even knew the game was free.

There are far too many who are typical of modern day football. Rip out all the seats, lower prices and you wouldn't see them for dust. Football is seen as just another leisure activity, akin to a night at the theatre or cinema, hence the lack of atmosphere or passion. Ibrox is soulless these days.

Fuckin hell , it happens every cup game get over it.

I was too tired to go so gave my bro my ST. Even if I didn't give him it tho im a shite supporter? The fans that I hate are the ones who don't go to SPL games but decide to go to CL games and Old Firms. You can't go saying shit about season ticket holders who have paid their money they can do what they want, half the season ticket holders probably never even knew the game was free.

read my whole fucking post before having a go at MY OWN OPINION. Whats your own opinion on our fans? all your post was is a dig at me (and those ST holders who didnt know game was free must be deaf and blind cos it was on the website, announcment made 3 times against dundee utd)

read my whole fucking post before having a go at MY OWN OPINION. Whats your own opinion on our fans? all your post was is a dig at me (and those ST holders who didnt know game was free must be deaf and blind cos it was on the website, announcment made 3 times against dundee utd)

My mate had to tell me it was free.. I wat at Dundee Utd game I usully hang around the inside part and don't hear the announcements. Never use website, just use this site im sure alot of bears are in my boat.

I think our home fans are a bit shite atmophere wise but the turn out is usually good. Away fans are the best in the world by far (tu)

I just get mad at these kinds of threads you should name the title of the thread ''Im a better fan than you'' or something.

My mate had to tell me it was free.. I wat at Dundee Utd game I usully hang around the inside part and don't hear the announcements. Never use website, just use this site im sure alot of bears are in my boat.

I think our home fans are a bit shite atmophere wise but the turn out is usually good. Away fans are the best in the world by far (tu)

I just get mad at these kinds of threads you should name the title of the thread ''Im a better fan than you'' or something.

but im not a better fan than anybody else (tu) i just wondered what other fans opinion on us as fans are. I know some have strong feelings, others dont but its intresting to find out what others think about our own support both good and bad :)

Home support (besides OF and CL games) isn't that great due to the Banning of fans and songs that made us great in the first place. Who wants te go to a match when if you sing a song you get tossed? Yes weekday games are hard fer a lot of people te make and I don't blame them but we have some area's of the grounds that the fans act like they're watchin the match on the tele. Just want te sit there in peace and eat their pies. Take out the seats at the ends and watch the stadium erupt like the days of ol. Not that it will ever happen but would make every game electric. Heard there was fans complaining bout the UB standing and singing. Those are the fans that piss me off. Go sit up with owners who just want te watch their investments. Just my opinion so don't bite my head off.

I think we suffer the same problem as most UK teams. Our home games are deadly quiet (except against the tims and in europe), but can't think of any club who is any different. big home games are noisy and other games are quiet. the away games are always cracking atmosphere (tu)

There are far too many who are typical of modern day football. Rip out all the seats, lower prices and you wouldn't see them for dust. Football is seen as just another leisure activity, akin to a night at the theatre or cinema, hence the lack of atmosphere or passion. Ibrox is soulless these days.

Now, THAT is a great great point. Very true I think too. I know why" all seater stadiums were brought in, but, they do kill the atmosphere, big time.

My view on the support, is pretty easy to show, look at a cross section of a forum. There is a huge lack of respect for each other, to the point where at times you have to wonder if we are all fans of the same team. I think its part of "modern society", everyone and everything has to be pigeon holed. People read rags, and, instantly, or over time, believe what they read. They will see an article about how bad Rangers and their fans, or their songs, or the colour blue are, and, believe it to be true. Its the progression from the "MTv Generation", what is it now, the Big Brother generation? Where talentless no-names are "famous", and, we are spoon fed what is right or wrong, without every questioning it.Currently, in the UK, its "bad" to stand up, and sing at football matches... people were so badly behaved over the last couple of hundred years ;) Yet, take a wee look over in Germany, where the "stands" are coming back.

Football is a simple game, supporting your team, however you choose to do that, again should be simple.

First, this is YOUR OWN opinion, so you can't be wrong.

My opinion is on 2 basis. First, our fans are fickle. We sell out big games (old firm, CL) yet we cant even half fill the stadium when it comes to smaller games (dunfermline). While some people cant make games, i know bears who sat in the pub in city centre drinking all night who didnt wanna go because "its just dunfermline".

Our fans are also quiet, take the dundee utd game as example. First half i hardly herad a song, yet last 15 minutes it was ELECTRIC. build my gallows and no pope of rome were sung loud and proud.

On the other hand, our fans are like a family. We stick together in times of need. Best fans in the world imo. Win lose or draw, we love the club.

Rangers FC are more than a football team, we are a family (maybe a disfunctional family but still a family)

why dont he ones who constantly critise the team(we are all entitled to an opinion blah blah blah crap)actually encourage and support the gers. I know some of our displays leave a lot to be desired but lets bring a bit of passion back to Ibrox.

Keep singing our songs but try it for 90minutes ,I`m sure it will surprise the silent majority.

I don't think there's a problem with fans, everyone is different. I do think the fan groups and sc's and websites could do something together to get those who want to sing to buy their tickets in broomloan and copland and the rest can have a nice sit down in main and govan. I want to stand and sing but I don't want to spoil someone elses game that would prefer to sit and watch peacefully. There are so many more like me. There must be a way of 'advertising' this. I know I'm slightly off the original question but someones gotta agree...?

Everyone is different, it is not a competition. Some people go to every single game, home and away. Some people only go to home games, some people pick and choose what games they go to. None of these options make anyone anymore or less of a Rangers fan.

I'm 13 and i even think the atmosphere is s**t, 'xcuse the french. Every stand is up singing their heart out it seems but my stand isn't, (Copland Front). <cr>

I want to sing as well as you guys to cheer the champs on but it seems in this day in age that every one comes to watch Rangers and doesn't give a damn about singing, I think the people like that should stay at home and watch the home games on the internet or watch Sky Spts News. Also I would sing myself but I think I would look pretty stupid lmao. I don't know it's the first time I've ever had a season ticket and I keep thinking it may be the only time and I want to enjoy myself. Do you think I would look stupid if i sang along with the other stands ? :disappointment:

P.S. If anyone reads this reply and tell me if it's stupid to sing yourself (out loud though). :craphead:

P.P.S. Look for me the next home game lol. copland Front cf5 front row. :blush:

:clap::21::uk:

Really admire what the TBO and UB do , on the other hand seen in the union bears forum that after 5 mins into the game vs dunfermline rangers fans went and complained to stewards about them waving flags and standing these people are the ones who need to get a grip at ibrox and get the famous roar back !

It would take some amount of courage to stand up and start signing on your own. f you did though, I'm sure people would start joining in. It just needs one person to get everyone signing, but that one person has to have the balls of a giant. Unlimited respect if you decide to be that guy (tu)

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum :D

Thanks mate (tu) I'll give it a try at the Bursaspor CL game at home. :) But I'm not sure anyone will join in but I'll do it for the Gers lol :uk:

Thanks mate you've gave me some courage (tu)

It would take some amount of courage to stand up and start signing on your own. f you did though, I'm sure people would start joining in. It just needs one person to get everyone signing, but that one person has to have the balls of a giant. Unlimited respect if you decide to be that guy (tu)

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum :D

I clearly need to try harder in bf3...ud think itd be easy to stand and sing to join in with TBO n those around would follow, rather than stare!

No, but you have been making threads on the attendance, singing etc since last night.

I wont make another thread again then (tu) all i wanted to know was about our fans - those are my opioions, thats all.

Nah no worries, it's just last night's game was understandable I think. Tuesday night is hardly ideal, and many people may see it as 'The Diddy Cup', and don't see the need to go. I didn't go for my own reasons, and I'm sure others have their own. But yes, expect it to be full for OF games and CL matches..

:clap:

:lol:

I'm usually just in front of TBO, so it's easy for me to get involved. I cringe whenever we're outsung by the away fans, so have made a conscious effort this season to sing that 10% louder.

Jealous much.

I usually give it 10 seconds max before deciding no ones gunna join me!

TO EVERYONE IN BF3

Stand the fuck up when I do. Row D seat 80 will now be blocking your view until May!