Penalty Kick Rule

Andy

The regulations introduced prevent a player from stopping just before he strikes the ball in a penalty situation.

This was put in place for the FIFA World Cup. Does this rule apply in every other competition? If so im not sure referees have been made fully aware of it.

I seen that Goodwillie's penalty was told to be retaken, he stopped just before he scored the penalty and was ordered to retake it, Im not sure if it was for that or for the players charging into the box but as soon as he scored it the Ross County keeper is pointing clearly at Goodwillie for stopping. I noticed Zaluska tryed pointing that out to the ref when Alan done it for Braga aswell. And both Murphy's penaltys for Celtc have been similar and has got away with it.

I remember reading that the ruling was you could stutter your run up (a la CR7) but faking just before you hit the ball was banned...

Players should just fucking hit the ball instead of dancing before they take it anyway.

I don't like players messing about when it comes to taking a penalty but I can see this causing controversy in a big game and putting even more pressure on officials.

Too many rules can lead to confusion so I don't think this rule should have been introduced.

Can you just picture SAF having a fit if Manchester United are forced to retake a penalty at Ibrox with the Gers 2-1 ahead and less than 5 minutes to go in the CL. :cool:

Rooney scores the first pen but stops just before striking the ball then Bawheed misses the 2nd penalty and United sensationally crash out of Europe as Rangers march into the last 16 as group winners. ;)

The poor ref :rip: