RST Function

Wienblue

Just wondering if there was any feedback or an update with regard to the function.

Hopefully, Frankie, Danny, Ideal Broomloan, and Ricardo P - et al - will provide comment. Looking forward to the review and of course photos.

Thanks in anticipation bears !!

Just wondering if there was any feedback or an update with regard to the function.

Hopefully, Frankie, Danny, Ideal Broomloan, and Ricardo P - et al - will provide comment. Looking forward to the review and of course photos.

Thanks in anticipation bears !!

Frankie usually gives excellent updates sir....

I would prefer if they got together and amalgamated as one with the RSC actually (beer)

Morning folks... As you can imagine by me just getting back online now, 'tis was a superb, superb evening (and weekend)!

The wine made me merry, the food was superb, company was better and the speakers different class. Jim White - after an afternoon SkySports shift was M/C and did a great job. Gordon Smith gave a heartfelt and well-received speech (beforre having to leave early for his BBC duties). Bill Copland was simply the best - very droll and incredibly funny. David Edgar gave his usual excellent turn while Jim White had a wee break. Jimmy Stirling had a tough act to follow in Copland but was also excellent.

The raffle and auction were amazing successes. I would have loved to take part in the auction as some of the prizes were fantastic but considering the Brazil team signed top (inc Pele's signature) went for over £2K my meagre wage doesn't match the likes of Satti Singh's budget! Coincidentally, we made Satti our first non-ex-player honorary member.

After the festivities finished all the ex-players present made themselves available for photos, autographs and just general chats. Marvin Andrews (who said grace at the meal) and never stopped laughing all night was an absolute gentleman. As were all the other guys who contributed (Alex Rae, Jimmy Millar, Colin Stein, Graham Roberts, Johnny Hubbard, John MacDonald and Kevin Drinkell to name a just a few.

At around 2am the bard closed downstairs and it was surprising to see how man folk made their way up to the hotal bar for another few drinks before bed. I finally crawled upstairs about 5am and managed a few hours kip before a hearty breakfast and another chance to speak with some of the legends of the night before!

All in all , it was a wonderful evening organised superb well and well worth the money. We'll have to go some way to beat this year's event in 2008. And, as usual, we'll try our best! Hopefully, some of the folk from RM can join us!

Morning folks... As you can imagine by me just getting back online now, 'tis was a superb, superb evening (and weekend)!

The wine made me merry, the food was superb, company was better and the speakers different class. Jim White - after an afternoon SkySports shift was M/C and did a great job. Gordon Smith gave a heartfelt and well-received speech (beforre having to leave early for his BBC duties). Bill Copland was simply the best - very droll and incredibly funny. David Edgar gave his usual excellent turn while Jim White had a wee break. Jimmy Stirling had a tough act to follow in Copland but was also excellent.

The raffle and auction were amazing successes. I would have loved to take part in the auction as some of the prizes were fantastic but considering the Brazil team signed top (inc Pele's signature) went for over £2K my meagre wage doesn't match the likes of Satti Singh's budget! Coincidentally, we made Satti our first non-ex-player honorary member.

After the festivities finished all the ex-players present made themselves available for photos, autographs and just general chats. Marvin Andrews (who said grace at the meal) and never stopped laughing all night was an absolute gentleman. As were all the other guys who contributed (Alex Rae, Jimmy Millar, Colin Stein, Graham Roberts, Johnny Hubbard, John MacDonald and Kevin Drinkell to name a just a few.

At around 2am the bard closed downstairs and it was surprising to see how man folk made their way up to the hotal bar for another few drinks before bed. I finally crawled upstairs about 5am and managed a few hours kip before a hearty breakfast and another chance to speak with some of the legends of the night before!

All in all , it was a wonderful evening organised superb well and well worth the money. We'll have to go some way to beat this year's event in 2008. And, as usual, we'll try our best! Hopefully, some of the folk from RM can join us!

Sounds brilliant mate (tu)

A couple of people asked me by pm so just to let everyone know that the RST raised a superb £20,000 at Saturday's event via ticket sales, sponsorship, raffle and the amazing auction.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rs...95&Itemid=1

Now, to save up for next year. I'm already hearing some exciting news for our plans on how to better this year's array of VIP guests!

PS: I'll see about posting a few photos tomorrow night.

As promised here are a few photos of the evening - excuse the quality but myself and my photographer were rather merry... I'd post more but I need to protect the innocent.

Venue (pre-meal)

venue.jpg

Frankie 'meets' Marv

andrews.jpg

Frankie meets Drinkell

drinkell.jpg

Frankie meets Johnny Hubbard - now that is a legend!!!

hubbard.jpg

Frankie's mate meets John McDonald and Bill Copland

mcdonald.jpg