The Bank of RST

Introduction

This article considers the requirement to disclose certain transactions in financial statements, irrespective of their legality. It does not address the legality of those transactions which would be a matter for others to consider.

Summary

- no related party transactions were disclosed in the RST financial statements for 2009 or 2010

- the requirement to disclose related party transactions is stated in Financial Reporting Standard 8 paragraph 6

- not to disclose certain transactions to the auditors is an offence under s.418(5) of the Companies Act 2006

- either: the directors did not disclose certain transactions to the auditors, in which case the maximum penalty for each guilty director not disclosing is two years and a fine; or

- the auditors were informed of certain transactions but took the decision not to require disclosure

View the full article

Badger and therabbit - I am surprised that there was no editorial 'thought' on this - can I really write anything I want (re Rangers) and have it posted on the main page ?

Full and frank debate on the forums is one thing but publishing this article seems to be taking a position, against the rst, - now if that is the case just say so - but to publish an inflamatory article from 'anon' seems, well?? weak?

IMHO any front page article should at least have an author, even if it is just a user name, after all I cant post as anon on the threads?

Guest therabbitt

If someone sends me an article that is well researched and relevant to ongoing debate regarding Rangers yet wishes to remain anonymous that's not going to stop making an editorial decision to publish it.

The content is not written by, or the views of RangersMedia. If they were then we would have put the sites name to it. As mentioned prior, we don't take official stance on any matters unless deemed necessary and fully discussed by staff.

This article was written by a concerned Rangers fan who for whatever reason wished his identity to not be known. There's no preferential treatment because of the topic, any author on any subject would be afforded the same right to protect their identity.

If someone sends me an article that is well researched and relevant to ongoing debate regarding Rangers yet wishes to remain anonymous that's not going to stop making an editorial decision to publish it.

The content is not written by, or the views of RangersMedia. If they were then we would have put the sites name to it. As mentioned prior, we don't take official stance on any matters unless deemed necessary and fully discussed by staff.

This article was written by a concerned Rangers fan who for whatever reason wished his identity to not be known. There's no preferential treatment because of the topic, any author on any subject would be afforded the same right to protect their identity.

That seems reasonable (tu)

In this article, at least to my layman's eyes, there is no personal attack, no "opinion," just a distillation of the relevant parts of the legislation. If the author has misrepresented or misinterpreted any of the legislation, he could (and should) be challenged.

Otherwise, it's just information he's made available to those of us without knowledge of these rules, all of which is pertinent to a discussion involving a high-profile (although "low-traffic" ;) ) Rangers supporters' group.

As an ex RST member, I don't know much about what is happening now, in fact even when i was a member you got very little information,

So do they publish any finacial details, Like, how much is in the bank, expenditure for the year etc??

Can't be bothered by the bitching and noticed a few put digs in and a few defend them to the hilt, But there is something

extremly wrong with it now, As an outsider looks like one group within want to control the RST, so i would'nt become a member

in these circumstances