Mcgregor Incident..

thomas_91

I hated the way Andy Walker was screaming blue murder over it, but then chose to play down the stamp on McCulloch and the tackle on Broadfoot. I mean he described Stokes' tackle last week as "naughty".

However, it was stupid from McGregor. He's 28 now, has plenty of experience and should know how to conduct himself as a Rangers player, so needs to grow up and show some maturity. Keeping up that sort of nonsense might end up costing us one day. Especially if it's a big game where tempers may be running high.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When mcguire snapped kirk walker seemed surprised that the boy got booked ffs. That boaby crocker also got his lafferty feigning injury 2 years ago line in - never fails to mention it.

Mcgregor was quite stupid doing what he did but never made contact so no harm done. Think he got caught up in the atmosphere a bit so will need to calm it in the future.

i agree about walker hes a tosser, same with crockashit

but i for one have had it with mcgregor, when will this guy learn, how many times is he going to get another chance, weve got alexander in waiting if mcgregor pulls 1 more stupid stunt then id bin him for what we can get in january, sick of seeing a great goalkeeper wasted because hes not got a brain in his head.

Thankfully I don't have to listen to the likes of Crocker and Walker, unless it's when I'm watching the re-run of the game. Bunch of bitter, bheggar bastards.

The two of them should be nowhere near a Rangers match, Walker especially.

I didn't realise you'd spoke to him personally, who's his favourite player ?

Seriously though, why are you defending this piece of pondlife? <cr>

All you have to do is listen to his commentary to know he's as bitter and twisted as they come <cr>

FOOTBALL commentator Ian Crocker knows exactly what Celtic outcast Aiden McGeady is going through.

The Setanta presenter has also gone eyeball to eyeball with Hoops manager Gordon Strachan.

And he has bad news for McGeady, who has been banned by Strachan from this weekend's Old Firm showdown after a dressing room bust-up.

Gordon bears a grudge.

Strachan fell out with Ian TWO years ago and hasn't spoken a single word to him since.

Ian's crime? He chuckles: "I said Hibs were playing Celtic off the park. And they were.

"But Gordon didn't like that, and made sure I knew it."

We meet in Sloans in Glasgow's city centre. Ian's familiar booming voice fills our private dining room.

"He's a big fella, with dark spiky hair and specs.

He jokes: "Rangers fans sing to me, 'You're just a fat Harry Potter'."

Ian orders broccoli soup, followed by traditional pie, beans and chips, finished off with a cheese platter.

It's all washed down with several glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

He says: "I just love Scotch pies."

Advertisement

Clearly.

Ian has become the voice of Scottish football, covering the SPL for the past 10 years, first on Sky, then with Setanta.

This year he made his terrestrial TV debut when he took over from footie legend Archie Macpherson to commentate on Celtic's Champions League matches on STV. It was a shock for viewers - Ian was almost too professional.

He adds: "I like Archie Macpherson. The guy is a legend up here, so obviously they were big shoes to fill.

"I understand he was a bit sore at STV dropping him for their Champions League games this season.

"But that's just the way it's done in TV. It's brutal."

I never get too close to players or I couldn't do my job properly

Ian is known simply as Crocks in football circles.

His Dundee-born fiancée Sharon and her 10-year-old daughter Eve even call him by his nickname.

This Saturday he'll provide the commentary on the Rangers v Celtic league clash from Ibrox. It will be his 36th Old Firm match.

Ian recalls: "My first season in Scotland was during 1998/99 with Sky. That included the title decider at Parkhead, when Rangers won 3-0. It went down in history as the Shame Game after the ref Hugh Dallas was hit by a coin.

"It was just madness, and so hard to keep up with the action.

"One minute the ref was bleeding after being attacked, the next he was patched up and awarding a penalty to Rangers.

"Then there was the fan who threw himself off the top tier.

"I'm busy saying, 'Things are looking serious' as he was being carted off on the stretcher, until he started waving his arms to the songs."

Ian adds: "When Fernando Ricksen joined Rangers we were staying at the same hotel, the Malmaison. We'd have a few beers of an evening. The week before his first Old Firm game I tried to let him know what it'd be like.

"I don't think he was listening as footballers are cocky by nature.

"That was the famous 6-2 at Parkhead in 2000.

"It was Martin O'Neill's first Old Firm game - and what a game. His Celtic team were 3-0 up in the first 11 minutes.

"Fernando was subbed after 20-odd minutes and sent off in his second encounter.

"When I met him again, I said, 'Don't say I didn't try to warn you'."

Ian was born in Weymouth, Dorset. He left home at 17 to try to make his name with the BBC in London. He says: "I did a trial for them but they said my voice was too weak."

His big break came when he landed the job as Tannoy announcer at Upton Park in the late 1980s.

He says: "It was like a dream come true as I'd been a lifelong West Ham fan."

After four years he caught the attention of radio supremo Richard Park, the Scots boss who used to run Radio Clyde.

He joined Park's Capital Radio group and moved to Birmingham, where he's still based.

Ian landed his first big telly job in 1998, heading up Sky's SPL coverage. He admits it was an eye-opener coming north of the border. Ian, now 43, says: "I've always been a bit of an outsider.

"I've never got too close with any players or managers. I wouldn't be able to do my job properly if I did.

"Some of the TV lot are a different story though.

"There's one guy in particular who practically tries to carry Gordon Strachan's bags at the airport. It's embarrassing."

Crocks used to enjoy a decent working relationship with Strachan.

That was until their set-to after the Hibs vs Celtic match in November 2006, when Strachan's team salvaged a late draw.

Ian says: "Gordon seemed to take real exception when I said, 'Hibs have really put Celtic in their place'.

"He claimed I was making out that Celtic were arrogant.

"My response was, 'Gordon, why don't you praise me for the majority of good things I say about you and your team?'

"He hasn't been right with me since. I don't know why, because after we each had our say I was prepared to let bygones be bygones.

"But he hardly looks the road I'm on now. So I know exactly what Aiden McGeady is going through."

With that in mind, Crocks feels the writing is on the wall for the talented Republic of Ireland winger. He says: "I doubt Aiden will be here after the transfer window opens in January. Either that or Strachan will be off down south."

Asked his all-time favourite player from the SPL, he instantly replies: "Henrik Larsson.

"But now all the Rangers fans will think I'm really a Celtic supporter."

So in the interests of fairness, how about his favourite Ger?

Ian replies: "Jorg Albertz."

And the outcome this Saturday at Ibrox? Ian laughs: "I may be English, but I'm not daft.

"I learned a long time ago you can never predict the outcome of an Old Firm match."

Seriously though, why are you defending this piece of pondlife? <cr>

All you have to do is listen to his commentary to know he's as bitter and twisted as they come <cr>

I like him, I think he's a good commentator and don't think he's a tim and even if he was it wouldn't change my opinion of him as a commentator.

He's a piss poor commentator who get's players completely mixed up and struggles to spot certain incidents...

He's not the only one tho, there are some terrible commentators out there.

He's a piss poor commentator who get's players completely mixed up and struggles to spot certain incidents...

He's not the only one tho, there are some terrible commentators out there.

That wee guy that commentates for Rangers TV is terrible. Sounds like a right little victim.

He's was fucking stupid to do it.

He's got away with lashing out at a Hearts player at Tynecastle and then the dive at Easter Road a few weeks ago.

A good goalkeeper but he needs to screw the nut on and off the park.

Your post actually just reminded me what this topic is really about :lol: