Steven Davis - Best CM in Scotland!

Amac9

all i'm saying is people are too quick to criticise a guy for a couple of poor games instead of looking at his overall performances for the club. i could understand the criticism if he was playing poor for maybe 7/8 games on the trot but the guy has only played maybe 4 bad games in the start of the season, now looking back to his best

but he wasn't playing good towards the end of last season either.

all i'm saying is people are too quick to criticise a guy for a couple of poor games instead of looking at his overall performances for the club. i could understand the criticism if he was playing poor for maybe 7/8 games on the trot but the guy has only played maybe 4 bad games in the start of the season, now looking back to his best

So your not supposed to criticize any of the player now unless its been 7 or 8 bad games ? I see now.

where did i say your not suppose to criticise a player? i'm just saying criticism of davis is unfair. and for davis not playing well at the end of last season, i wonder if he was watching steve davis the snooker player rather than the football player :wanker:

where did i say your not suppose to criticise a player? i'm just saying criticism of davis is unfair. and for davis not playing well at the end of last season, i wonder if he was watching steve davis the snooker player rather than the football player :wanker:

Is he not allowed to think that ?

People need to get used to him playing in CM.

He's going to have to spend more time tracking back and defending, more than he did when playing on the right.

Some of his running, passing and overall vision today was superb!

I have to agree and it's an interesting point to raise.

When he played on the right he would often be the first to recieve the ball, because he was playing right side, and he'd be driving forward on the break. Of course he was given liscence to cut inside too, so he was then influencing things from the middle, while he didn't always need to get back.

As Papaguy correctly pointed out, because he's now playing CM he's going to be starting alot deeper (due to having to carry out his defensive duties) when we're breaking and he won't often be the one breaking forward with the ball driving the attack.

With all that said, I think second half today particularly, was his best performance of the season thus far. It's been a slow start to the season from him but he's been getting better with each passing game. I hope he makes it on Wednesday because he's vital.

1st half I thought he was very poor, wasn't in the game what so ever but in the 2nd half he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and was outstanding. Really hope he's ok for wednesday as if he peforms like he did in the 2nd half today he will give the turks a torrrid time !

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

he is a central midfield player not a winger!...hopefully thats where he will remain for the rest of the season, good to see the old davis in the second half so more of the same stevie boy!

He was never played as a winger.

He played wide midfield, there's a difference, but I get the point you're making.